food fascination....

I dont know if anyone else is like this but I have to cook. Im cooking more on this diet than i did before ha ha. Im making a caribbean noodle soup and dumplings and a caribbean chicken curry. my house smells lovely ha ha

I've been cooking more as well. I even made chocolate crispies today.

Have to admit to sniffing the food though :D

mmm that does sound nice!! whats in it??

yep I never cook.. but cooked every day last week!!!

Managed to cut my finger open and quite badly burn my and but hey!! Been loving it!!

Cooked a really nice looking sunday dinner yesterday!! Mashed potatoes are one of my fav foods... Sooo hard not to like the spoon and the bowl and it off everyones plates lol!!!

I made chicken fried rice yesterday and it's one of my faves. It was a really good one as well. I don't mind cooking so much now, seem to get used to it. But defo cooking more now than before which is strange isn't it? I also love smelling food, it seems to help with the cravings.

You must be looking forward to eating something, anything in mind?

Oh god, same here! I've been wantingt o cook non stop since starting lipotrim.

I've made chicken curry, tuna and pasta bake, Chicken cajun with vermicelli, cakes, all sorts of stuff that I've never done before.

And don't say boiled eggs!!

hahahaha!! Damnit you stole my answer!!!

hmm I really want a steak with garlic butter and carrots today :)

Really want garlic actually...

How many calories does a clove of garlic have? and has it got carbs??? :8855:

Me too...today my daughter is off sick from school I have had to take the day off work. I have made cakes for comic relief - 2 batches of choc muffins, fruit tea loaf and flap jacks, normally I dont bake often because I like the spoon, bowl andpick all the way through, end up feeling SICk but this has been a revelation! I also love reading recipes, watching stuff like Saturday Kitchen and Come Dine with me (which would have me salivating and reaching in the cupboards for junk-type food -anything to satisfy my cravings!) I am just planning lovely healthy type food that i will one day be able to eat again! x

Oooh Chell I made my other half beautiful mushrooms in a creamygarlic and cheese sauce last night last with a jacket potato and breaded chicken escalope...yum!!! (think I have become a 'feeder' lol!)...
Here is your answer anyways hun:

mount Per 1 clove Calories 4.47
Calories from Fat 0.135
% Daily Value * Total Fat 0.015g 0% Saturated Fat 0.00267g 0% Polyunsaturated Fat 0.00747g Monounsaturated Fat 0.00033g Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 0.51mg 0% Potassium 12.03mg 0% Total Carbohydrate 0.992g 0% Dietary Fiber 0.063g 0% Protein 0.191g 0% Alcohol 0g

oooh... so its possible I could eat a clove of garlic and still stay in ketosis??? lol!!!

mmm that sounds amazing... You can cook it for me without the mushrooms if you like!!! :D lol!!!

oooh... so its possible I could eat a clove of garlic and still stay in ketosis??? lol!!!

I reckon it is to be honest! How would you eat it though raw? eerrrghhh!!:sign0137:
I was wondering whether we could put dried garlic (u know what you get in the herb and spice aisle) on the chicken soup - could be yum, what d'you reckon?

mmm that sounds amazing... You can cook it for me without the mushrooms if you like!!! :D lol!!!

I just chucked half a boursin cheese, and some butter and seasoning, chucked it in the slow cooker with mushrooms and about and hour later -voila!!! You could leave the mushrooms out and just have it as a yummy sauce!! x

Yup - i loved cooking before and now i cant stop!
Have made pasties, biscuits and fairy cakes all within like 2 weeks!!
Next week am making a cheescake and the week after am making a cake for my mum for mothers day!

Oddly it helps with the cravings! :D

ha ha, well I am glad I am not the only one. Chelly its just chicken pieces with no skin seasoned in chilli,spring onion, chicken seasoning,curry and black pepper boiled up into a curry. The soup is chicken, carrot,parsnip, potatoe and suede witha chicken noodle soup mix and chilli with some boiled dumplings. My house smells divine. I keep lifting the lid off to smell it. I am addicted to smelling. I keep sitting with my hubby and son at meal times and watch them eat and ask them does it taste good ha ha

I havent cooked anything for the 7 weeks I have been on this diet.
And Im glad, I love cooking but would definately eat as I cooked and I really dont want to cheat

I'm with you chumba lover - i'm sure if i'd cheat.

I've not cooked either (only on week 1, lol) - no need as i only cater for myself. BUT!! making my friend a birthday cake next weekend. Nigella's chocolate fudge cake, which is utterly amazing. Just won't be able to have a piece, but never mind, the kitchen will smell fab while it cooks :)

Im currently cooking a pork loin joint, Mash potatoes, Roast potatoes and corn on the cob :)

i think i just drooled at that, lol

Back