Total Solution Food, food, food!

handbag-annie

Silver Member
Help! I know I am not hungry but just want to eat this week!

Half way through week nine, and tbh thought it would be easier by now. However in a munchie mood in the last few days. Weekends are always a challenge for me at the best of times but also home alone as hubby away. Any suggestions.?? X

It's hellish when this happens isn't it! How do u normally distract? Have u had your bar? What about cutting it and nibbling on that. Not quite same but certainly a start... X

This was how I was feeling the other day. Unfortunately I wasn't up to much due to a throat infection...So into the cupboards I went and boy did I feel sh*t afterwards. Don't do it!! Keep going, you've done over 9wks! :)

Weekends are hard for me as well, the usual weekly routine seems to help keep me on track. What we need is something to take our minds off it/get us out of the house. Any ideas anyone?

Hey handbag Annie!
I'm at same stage as you - mid week 9 and I too find weekends REALLY hard! Last weekend I nearly gave up and if it wasn't for the support from the guys on here I probably would have .
I actually find the weekends are getting tougher as the weeks go on.
I try to keep myself as busy as I can and pop on here ... These super fellow exante'ers will help you through it!
How much longer u planning on staying TS?
FB xx

Hi there, You are doing really well so far. I think you should take up a new sport which you do every morning. Really if you have a sense of achievement early in the morning it sets you up for the day. Anything. Walking. Walking up and down the stairs. Ideally you would be getting out and meeting people. Keep busy busy busy.

I did this diet years ago and only got to week ten. I so regretted dropping out when I did. The food just wasnt as nice as I thought it would be and I lost that bubble of excitment I had when achieving my goal of staying on the diet each week, whether I lost weight or not. I wound up putting the weight back on and it has taken me years to face into a VLCD again. Temptation is just temptation. Allow it to wash over you rather than stressing fighting it. Smell food. Of course you want to eat it and when you get to goal you will eat it again. But don't lift that hand to your mouth until you are at goal..It will pass...

I am just embrarking on week 9 (day 2) I was really in the wing of it last week but last night my family were having a chinese, I was in a proper mood the whole night snapping at everyone. Really wanted to have some food and join in their meal :(

I find weekends hard too but I find if I have the whole day planned its much easier and more enjoyable. Today I am doing the food shop in the morning, some house work in the afternoon then becuase I have from 4pm onwards to myself I am going to go to the shops for a wander and maybe treat myself to something - usually spend £15 as thats what I would have been spending on takeways.

Tmrw I am having a long lie then going for a cycle. I defo think its all down planning! If you have stuff planned or just know what sahead you wont be thinking too much about "what can I do, what can I eat"

Youve done brilliant just keep up the good work and stay positive!

Thanks for the support guys. Did end up making a couple of boiled eggs which was ok, but followed this with a chocolate biscuit :(

Been ok since. Think I was just struggling as I was on my own. Had a busy weekend catching up with an old friend who was really supportive. Sunday was fine and back to work today. Don't you just hate weekends now?! X

emmamissfun said:
I am just embrarking on week 9 (day 2) I was really in the wing of it last week but last night my family were having a chinese, I was in a proper mood the whole night snapping at everyone. Really wanted to have some food and join in their meal :(

I find weekends hard too but I find if I have the whole day planned its much easier and more enjoyable. Today I am doing the food shop in the morning, some house work in the afternoon then becuase I have from 4pm onwards to myself I am going to go to the shops for a wander and maybe treat myself to something - usually spend £15 as thats what I would have been spending on takeways.

Tmrw I am having a long lie then going for a cycle. I defo think its all down planning! If you have stuff planned or just know what sahead you wont be thinking too much about "what can I do, what can I eat"

Youve done brilliant just keep up the good work and stay positive!

What did you treat yourself to then? I love handbags (hence my forum name!) so bought a wee Radley canvas bag when in Aberdeen with my friend..........any excuse for a new bag? X

Fat Bird said:
Hey handbag Annie!
I'm at same stage as you - mid week 9 and I too find weekends REALLY hard! Last weekend I nearly gave up and if it wasn't for the support from the guys on here I probably would have .
I actually find the weekends are getting tougher as the weeks go on.
I try to keep myself as busy as I can and pop on here ... These super fellow exante'ers will help you through it!
How much longer u planning on staying TS?
FB xx

Ooh good to see we have been on Exante for the same time. My dietician recommended Exante and suggested I only do it for three months which would take me up to the end of March. However, now that I am on it, I have different ideas!! I would like to keep going for as long as possible. Got a two week holiday at end of April so will come off for that but will start again mid May.

How long are you planning? X

I am just into week 3 & found the packs so horrid the first week I felt totally depressed but after reading that slim & save do actual food packs bought a load of samples & have one of those at the weekend & made one of my exante foodpacks into crisps, crisps dipped into chilli foodpack felt like a proper dinner & then a bar later made me feel like I wasn't restricting myself, I have written a weekend diet plan with an extra S & S foodpack (also had a couple of LL cottage pies left) & also have a couple of cups of bullion & feel like I am treating myself. I am in the house all weekend studying in the kitchen so this has helped me big time. You are doing brilliant so far, good luck! Em xx

Back