Food that wont knock you out of weight loss.

a bit like atkins i think.. but dont hold me to this.. lol.. but because cd and atkins are ketosis based diets..
x x

high proteins, no carbs.
ie: chicken, green veg, beef , some cheeses, bacon etc
these will allow u to stay in ketosis but will slow weight loss if consumed on a regular basisi
cherylxx

The only way to guarantee staying in ketosis is to have the following:

3 x CD packs a day (or 4 if your a leggy lady....;))
3 x litres of water a day (more if you can)
black coffee/black tea

Once you think about having bits of food that will keep you in ketosis and you start nibbling your on a slippery slope....:(

Take it from one who didn't learn first time around it really isn't worth picking here or there the quickest way to goal is using the above - or one of the other CD plans..... because 2nd time around it is so, so much harder..... every day now for me is a constant batttle and before I did 100 days straight....!

I agree Mich, if you are doing ss and want 100% results then you need to follow the diet to the letter 100%. Even though you might be still in ketosis when you eat protein ect you still have added calories which will effect your weight loss as your body will obviously burn these first before fat burning. Also for some people a little of something turns into bigger portions and then full blown binges.

If you want to have food everyday think about a move upto a food plan.

julesrush
cdc norwich

Theoretically, most meat, fish, cheese, eggs, fat, etc are carb-free so wouldn't knock you out of ketosis on a low-carb diet. However, Cambridge isn't actually very low-carb - on Atkins, for instance, you're supposed to consume less than 20g of carbs per day, whereas on 3 cd shakes, you're consuming 42g of carbs per day. You remain in mild ketosis on cd because it is fairly low carb, but is combined with being very low calorie. If you were to take in 42g of carbs in a day, consisting of high calorie food, the chances are that you wouldn't stay in ketosis.

Everyone's carb tolerance levels are different. Some people could stay in ketosis at under 60g of carbs consisting of high calorie foods, whereas others occasionally struggle to stay in ketosis on just their 3 cd shakes a day. Besides, the point in Cambridge isn't simply to stay in ketosis - you'll only have a good level of weight loss if you keep the diet very low calorie.

It's certainly useful to know what you can get away with eating for occasional one offs when you really can't get out of having a meal, but it's detrimental to get into the mindset of thinking you can have low-carb foods regularly without it affecting the diet.

Jo x

Theoretically, most meat, fish, cheese, eggs, fat, etc are carb-free so wouldn't knock you out of ketosis on a low-carb diet. However, Cambridge isn't actually very low-carb - on Atkins, for instance, you're supposed to consume less than 20g of carbs per day, whereas on 3 cd shakes, you're consuming 42g of carbs per day. You remain in mild ketosis on cd because it is fairly low carb, but is combined with being very low calorie. If you were to take in 42g of carbs in a day, consisting of high calorie food, the chances are that you wouldn't stay in ketosis.

Everyone's carb tolerance levels are different. Some people could stay in ketosis at under 60g of carbs consisting of high calorie foods, whereas others occasionally struggle to stay in ketosis on just their 3 cd shakes a day. Besides, the point in Cambridge isn't simply to stay in ketosis - you'll only have a good level of weight loss if you keep the diet very low calorie.

It's certainly useful to know what you can get away with eating for occasional one offs when you really can't get out of having a meal, but it's detrimental to get into the mindset of thinking you can have low-carb foods regularly without it affecting the diet.

Jo x

Bloody marvy post that!!

Wow justjo thanks learned a lot from your post.

I did a test last week. If I eat below 100g of carbs one day I will be in ketosis the next day. I was eating eggs, bacon, cheese, had massive headache so I eat some carbs. I checked on Google and if you eat under 100g this will push you into ketosis.

Can anyone suggest any fruits ???? I think strawberries and raspberries are supposed to be better than apples, pears, bananas.

Anyone know for sure?

Bloody marvy post that!!
Why, thank you! Your response has made my day. :D

Wow justjo thanks learned a lot from your post.
Glad to be of assistance. :)

Can anyone suggest any fruits ???? I think strawberries and raspberries are supposed to be better than apples, pears, bananas.

Anyone know for sure?
Yes, berries are much lower carb than fruits such as apples, bananas, etc. However, although they're the lower carb fruits, they're still quite high in carbs, as all fruits contain natural sugars. Any fruit is a pretty bad idea on Cambridge, i'm afraid.

Jo x

I had two chocolate bars once and they didnt knock me out.... wouldnt do it again though lol

I had two chocolate bars once and they didnt knock me out.... wouldnt do it again though lol

you live dangerously !!! xx:)

Hi, The amount of carb you can have before coming out of ketosis varies a lot from person to person.

CD works so well as you're in ketosis and low cal so you get the metabolic advantage of ketosis (if you're in ketosis you burn more fat than if you ate the same cals without being in ketosis) and the low cals.

In atkins it's below 20g for the first bit and then you choose how much carb to eat and how fast to lose.

When I first started, over 30g of carb and was out of ketosis, now it seems to be under 60g. When I put on weight now I do 800 cals, 60g carb and at least 50g of protein and lose very fast but it's hard so I don't do it very much and try not to put on in the first place.

As far as fruit is concerned, a small amount of berries ie blueberries, stawberries etc as OK as you get a reasonable amount of fruit without knocking yourself out of ketosis.

If you're on CD or LL for the first time, one thing I've noticed on this site is that the people who seems to succeed best just stick to the plan and get through it. I think success is about having your head in the right place as you lose.

dont think id risk it... i feel like im on a roll and i fall off the wagon far too easily!

The only way to guarantee staying in ketosis is to have the following:

3 x CD packs a day
3 x litres of water a day
black coffee/ black tea

Once you think about having bits of food that will keep you in ketosis and you start nibbling your on a slippery slope....:(
Spot on Mich.
Wise mich.
I'd like some of my more experimental CDC clients to take this path.

Jo x
couldn't agree more.
The one off meal allows the dieter to be part of the festivities for a night, gives a sense of achievement & control at the choices made etc but without triggering bad habits.

Hi, The amount of carb you can have before coming out of ketosis varies a lot from person to person.

Agreed, some poor souls only have to walk past a bakers & their stix stop ging pink, whereas others graze on naughties & are back in again by morning.(what we don't know is if they were kicked out briefly over night...but in a way that's irrelevant if it's so brief)

However, as a CDC I've begun to question the apparant benefits of a 'Robust Ketosis'. Knowing you can get away with nibbling leads to nibbling.....& so on.(see the last para of Soraya's post below)

CD works so well as you're in ketosis and low cal so you get the metabolic advantage of ketosis (if you're in ketosis you burn more fat than if you ate the same cals without being in ketosis) and the low cals.

If you're on CD or LL for the first time, one thing I've noticed on this site is that the people who seems to succeed best just stick to the plan and get through it. I think success is about having your head in the right place as you lose.[/quote]

Absolutley!, no doubt about it.
In my view the inner debate shouldn't be
"what can I get away with?"
It's "how closely can I stick to the plans."

Last edited:
Back