Food that wont knock you out of weight loss.

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by paul1978, 8 March 2008 Social URL.

1. paul1978

paul1978 DO NOT QUIT !

OK, Ive read in various places that certain foods do not make you come out of ketosis and still help you to lose weight on this diet. Lets list these foods, so what have you eaten that hasnt knocked you out of ketosis/weight loss ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    a bit like atkins i think.. but dont hold me to this.. lol.. but because cd and atkins are ketosis based diets..
    x x

4. cherylxx

cherylxx Silver Member

Diet:
    CD sole source
    high proteins, no carbs.
    ie: chicken, green veg, beef , some cheeses, bacon etc
    these will allow u to stay in ketosis but will slow weight loss if consumed on a regular basisi
    cherylxx

5. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd
    I'm not chancing any of it lol.

6. silhouettes

silhouettes Silver Member

deleted as i messed up what i was writing

7. Mich

Mich Taking Back Control...!!!

The only way to guarantee staying in ketosis is to have the following:

3 x CD packs a day (or 4 if your a leggy lady....;))
    3 x litres of water a day (more if you can)
    black coffee/black tea

Once you think about having bits of food that will keep you in ketosis and you start nibbling your on a slippery slope....:(

Take it from one who didn't learn first time around it really isn't worth picking here or there the quickest way to goal is using the above - or one of the other CD plans..... because 2nd time around it is so, so much harder..... every day now for me is a constant batttle and before I did 100 days straight....!

8. julesrush

julesrush Norwich CDC

I agree Mich, if you are doing ss and want 100% results then you need to follow the diet to the letter 100%. Even though you might be still in ketosis when you eat protein ect you still have added calories which will effect your weight loss as your body will obviously burn these first before fat burning. Also for some people a little of something turns into bigger portions and then full blown binges.

If you want to have food everyday think about a move upto a food plan.

julesrush
    cdc norwich

9. JustJo

JustJo Cambridge Counsellor

Theoretically, most meat, fish, cheese, eggs, fat, etc are carb-free so wouldn't knock you out of ketosis on a low-carb diet. However, Cambridge isn't actually very low-carb - on Atkins, for instance, you're supposed to consume less than 20g of carbs per day, whereas on 3 cd shakes, you're consuming 42g of carbs per day. You remain in mild ketosis on cd because it is fairly low carb, but is combined with being very low calorie. If you were to take in 42g of carbs in a day, consisting of high calorie food, the chances are that you wouldn't stay in ketosis.

Everyone's carb tolerance levels are different. Some people could stay in ketosis at under 60g of carbs consisting of high calorie foods, whereas others occasionally struggle to stay in ketosis on just their 3 cd shakes a day. Besides, the point in Cambridge isn't simply to stay in ketosis - you'll only have a good level of weight loss if you keep the diet very low calorie.

It's certainly useful to know what you can get away with eating for occasional one offs when you really can't get out of having a meal, but it's detrimental to get into the mindset of thinking you can have low-carb foods regularly without it affecting the diet.

Jo x

10. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

Bloody marvy post that!!

11. cillabatty

cillabatty carol

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Wow justjo thanks learned a lot from your post.

12. bunnycd

bunnycd Full Member

I did a test last week. If I eat below 100g of carbs one day I will be in ketosis the next day. I was eating eggs, bacon, cheese, had massive headache so I eat some carbs. I checked on Google and if you eat under 100g this will push you into ketosis.

13. shinyhappyperson

shinyhappyperson Silver Member

Can anyone suggest any fruits ???? I think strawberries and raspberries are supposed to be better than apples, pears, bananas.

Anyone know for sure?

14. JustJo

JustJo Cambridge Counsellor

Why, thank you! Your response has made my day. :D

Glad to be of assistance. :)

Yes, berries are much lower carb than fruits such as apples, bananas, etc. However, although they're the lower carb fruits, they're still quite high in carbs, as all fruits contain natural sugars. Any fruit is a pretty bad idea on Cambridge, i'm afraid.

Jo x

15. Fuffa

Fuffa Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I had two chocolate bars once and they didnt knock me out.... wouldnt do it again though lol

16. mustdoit

mustdoit susan

Diet:
    atkins

you live dangerously !!! xx:)

17. Soraya

Soraya Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimpod & Atkins
    Hi, The amount of carb you can have before coming out of ketosis varies a lot from person to person.

CD works so well as you're in ketosis and low cal so you get the metabolic advantage of ketosis (if you're in ketosis you burn more fat than if you ate the same cals without being in ketosis) and the low cals.

In atkins it's below 20g for the first bit and then you choose how much carb to eat and how fast to lose.

When I first started, over 30g of carb and was out of ketosis, now it seems to be under 60g. When I put on weight now I do 800 cals, 60g carb and at least 50g of protein and lose very fast but it's hard so I don't do it very much and try not to put on in the first place.

As far as fruit is concerned, a small amount of berries ie blueberries, stawberries etc as OK as you get a reasonable amount of fruit without knocking yourself out of ketosis.

If you're on CD or LL for the first time, one thing I've noticed on this site is that the people who seems to succeed best just stick to the plan and get through it. I think success is about having your head in the right place as you lose.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. cambridge*diet*08

cambridge*diet*08 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.8%)
    Diet:
    CD Sole Source
    dont think id risk it... i feel like im on a roll and i fall off the wagon far too easily!

20. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

:king::party0019::clap::party0038:

You hit the nail on the head there!

21. jane

jane Opinionated

Diet:
    cambridge
    Spot on Mich.
    Wise mich.
    I'd like some of my more experimental CDC clients to take this path.

couldn't agree more.
    The one off meal allows the dieter to be part of the festivities for a night, gives a sense of achievement & control at the choices made etc but without triggering bad habits.

Last edited: 9 March 2008
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.