Food to eat in hotel room

alimatron

Hi All

Am going away next month to Uni for a week. Am staying in a Jury's Inn and would like some ideas for breakfast and dinner that I can in the room with the help of a kettle!

Or Any other ideas, lunch I will be in Uni so it will be easier.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mug shots - they're all 2 syns or under (a couple are even free) would be possible.

Also, flavoured cous cous is generally about 1/2 syn a packet, so again would be possible, and nice mixed with chopped peppers/salad for your 1/3 superfree.

Am I right in thinking on EE I need to have a third plate fruit or veg. Would this count with a mug shot too?

If you were treating it as a main meal, or being super strict, yes.

I've also just thought - you could grab a bag of premix salad and get some cold meat and eat it that way for a meal that's free on EE or red. Also, Uncle Ben's rice time and some of the innocent veg pots are fairly low - will you have access to a microwave?

Failing that, save your healthy extra's and have big club sandwiches etc perhaps?

Breakfasts at the Jury Inn should be easy - as I remember there breakfasts are buffet style, so you can eat lots of bacon, egg, tons and baked beans!! Feeling hungry at the thought!!!

Ive done this quite a few times, I take loads of fruit and also mini veg (baby tomatoes, baby, corn, snap peas/mange tout, carrots, whatever). Thats your superfree taken care of, then you can have whatever you fancy with kettle-wise. Cous cous or bulgar wheat are great cos they're free and dead easy, you just pour the water over. Take a little bit of chilli sauce or whatever to mix in if you like.

You can do the mugshot thing if you like but personally I dont do them as I dont think theyre very healthy or nice, personal preference.

You can always pop out in the week and buy more, most days I would pop into the supermarket and get more fruit & veg, prepacked salad or fruit and a few slices of lean meat or Quorn slices or whatever to go with it. Yoghurts too.

Better doing this for dinner though as others have said Jurys Inn is dead easy for breakfast, they have tons and tons of fruit available. If you want cooked they have beans, mushrooms, tomatoes etc, you can cut the fat off the bacon, they have skimmed milk available. Im not entirely sure if anything is cooked in fat but I would guess not as they have to be open to such a mass market, you can always ask anyway. Oh and take some laughing cow light to use as low fat spread for your (wholemeal) toast! :)

Bag of Green salads (florets), tomato, cucumber with cold meats or cottage cheese, Laughing Cow light triangles,can of tuna, cooked chicken (if you want something hot) and a small bread roll. For treat and dessert bag of velvet crunch, mullerlight, SF jelly

I remember going to a Jurys Inn in Birmingham, the breakfasts are lovely... :3

Just beware that the food isn't made in a sw friendly way... I'm nearly sure the scrambled egg has milk in it and everything is fried in oil. Probably just go for the best possible options you can and hope that you don't do too much damage? There are cereals and milk if you wanted to go for a more basic/lower calorie option in terms of breakfast.

you dont have much in the way of facilities in the hotel as they've only got a kettle in the rooms unfortunately!

I have to say you're a better person that I am, I pretty much ate everything I could get my hands on for breakfast lol :p xx

I am really naughty - stayed in a travelodge over christmas and took my actifry - i had stir frys, eat smart sausages, sw chips - eeks:eek:

Back