Food to take out to a quiz?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Sarah-Jayne, 10 December 2009 Social URL.

1. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Weird question I know!

Tomorrow night I am going out to a huge quiz in a village hall. You pay £5 entry and get fish and chips included too.

I will eat the fish and leave the batter and the chips but know that will not be enough for me and I will still be hungry.

Taking a bottle of diet coke with me but wondered what else I could take food wise? I was thinking of taking some sausages but dont know what else?

Suggestions would be grately appreciated! xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Why not take a pack of cooked chicken pieces? Do you want nibbles or something more substantial cos you could take a big tub of pasta salad maybe?

How about a load of carrot and cucumber sticks and some cottage cheese to dunk into? Oh, and a banana of course!!

4. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good ideas there hun, ta! Im worried that they will say im not allowed to take pasta in there, but dont see why they wouldnt let me. To be honest I didnt think of that! I have some Batchlors Pasta in Sauce that I could cook and take with me :D

5. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Hot chicken pieces,(wrap in foil they should keep hot), quorn sausages or other quorn products, roasted veg with a home made dip, some baked beans in a flask. You can always take your own plate if they are not serving the meal on one.

6. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    TBH I would probably eat a little before I went. You would have to have the will of a saint to leave chips and fish batter if you are hungry. Try and make sure you are not ravenous when you get there, then you can be all cool around the tempting food and not feel deprived about your own SW friendly treats

For me, being hungry is the hugest reason for sabotage so I try to ensure I am never this way before I have temptation thrust in front of me!

Have a lovely time, btw!
    xxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.