Food Weights on the SS+ plan cooked or uncooked ?

Kate08

I've had enough of the starving on SS :eek: I shifted 4 stone on that now, so I want to eat some food now ! So doing the SS+ plan for a few weeks to see how I get on.

Got a slight problem though, is the weights mentioned in the book for chicken and tuna cooked or dry weight ?

Reason I ask is there's a considerable difference between the raw weight of the chicken and the cooked weight of it. So tonight I was a bit naughty and used the cooked weight and had had 100g of cooked diced chicken breast with some salad leaves with a drizzle of fat free salad dressing.

Do you use the cooked weight or the dry weight of meat for these plans ? Thanks :)

I asked this sometime ago on a training day and was told all the weights stated were uncooked weight (sorry I know that isn't the answer you wanted)

Mike

i would have thought it was cooked as if you buy cook chicken how would you weigh it uncooked ( the prepacked stuff)

prob wrong but ive been using that rule

xxx

I think the one thing you should be wary of is precooked chicken sometimes is basted in fat/butter and also the pre packed stuff has a lot of different things added that you cant have on CD.

I just buy a pack of chicken breasts (uncooked) and weigh them out then put them in seperate bags. I prefer them grilled on a low setting as that way they retain the moisture.

Hope you enjoy your meal on SS+ i certainly did :D

Good luck on your weightloss journey.

Debs x

Its deffo uncooked hun, I know its a pain. Tesco do some individually wrapped ones, I used those so I could split them if need be x

Back