Food Weights on the SS+ plan cooked or uncooked ?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Kate08, 28 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Kate08

Kate08 Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    22st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've had enough of the starving on SS :eek: I shifted 4 stone on that now, so I want to eat some food now ! So doing the SS+ plan for a few weeks to see how I get on.

Got a slight problem though, is the weights mentioned in the book for chicken and tuna cooked or dry weight ?

Reason I ask is there's a considerable difference between the raw weight of the chicken and the cooked weight of it. So tonight I was a bit naughty and used the cooked weight and had had 100g of cooked diced chicken breast with some salad leaves with a drizzle of fat free salad dressing.

Do you use the cooked weight or the dry weight of meat for these plans ? Thanks :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    I asked this sometime ago on a training day and was told all the weights stated were uncooked weight (sorry I know that isn't the answer you wanted)

Mike

4. klee

klee Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.32%)
    Diet:
    CD
    i would have thought it was cooked as if you buy cook chicken how would you weigh it uncooked ( the prepacked stuff)

prob wrong but ive been using that rule

xxx

5. xdebzx

xdebzx Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge SS
    I think the one thing you should be wary of is precooked chicken sometimes is basted in fat/butter and also the pre packed stuff has a lot of different things added that you cant have on CD.

I just buy a pack of chicken breasts (uncooked) and weigh them out then put them in seperate bags. I prefer them grilled on a low setting as that way they retain the moisture.

Hope you enjoy your meal on SS+ i certainly did :D

Good luck on your weightloss journey.

Debs x

6. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    Its deffo uncooked hun, I know its a pain. Tesco do some individually wrapped ones, I used those so I could split them if need be x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.