Foodbanks

scoobysue

Silver Member
I have seen on another forum a little bit of a "disagreement " over the use/donating to foodbanks. What are peoples thoughts on it? I figure I am lucky enough not to be in need of one and can actually choose to donate a few things if I want to. If someone chooses not too , well that's up to them but I don't get the general feeling that comes across that all people who use the service are "abusing" benefit process etc.:rant2:

I don't believe the majority of people using them are abusing the system. In fact, a lot of them are embarrassed that they are being forced to use them to provide food for themselves and their family. Foodbanks only provide the basics. The people receiving them are not receiving luxuries and i also consider myself and my family lucky that we do not have to use them. I also believe it is important to have them in every city and town... you never know when your own fortunes will change and you become desperate enough to have need of them.

I am absolutely disgusted by the replies on ww site. They beggar belief. I feel very strongly that out of all us females Karma is the biggest ***** of us all, I hope she is awake bright and early!!:mad:

I am so lucky as not to have the need to use them and hopefully never will, i agree that there are some people who abuse the system as there always will be but you cant tar everyone with the same brush and there are a lot of people who really need some help and probably put it off as long as they could to ask for it

I am stunned at the venom on the "other" site. Why is there such a need to resort to name calling for a simple difference in opinion?. Ridiculous. sense obviously prevails on here, even though I see that we don't all agree all the time I don't think name calling would be tolerated. I have noticed previously there is an element of dare I say(or am I even allowed to say, please just delete me if I contravene any rules) bullying on there . When I had this site offered as part of my now being super good and attending classes on a monthly pass I thought well, ok its good to have other options. Afterall I can't eat a burger and type at the same time lol. However I have very quickly realised that there is definetly a culture of clickiness (is this a word even?) and some ugly behaviour towards some simple requests for help and support. Forums heh? Whoever thought someone would use them to get a bit of help and support?

I haven't seen the other forum... are you referring to the main WW website? I never go on there and only rejoined on here yesterday! Sometimes i do wonder if people just say things to get a reaction. I notice that alot of on the parenting forum i sometimes go on. There is a LOT of bullying and pettiness on there. It's worse than a playground at times!

There is def people out there just stirring trouble looking for reactions, i was on a pregnancy/baby website last year and it got really bad at times few of us set up a private facebook group. I cant joint the UK ww one as from Ireland so only go on it few times mainly looking for recipies

Yep it was the WW one. I don't want to come off there totally as its good to have info wherever you can get it. However there is most definetly an "edge" to it over there and its not very pleasant.

Back