Football snacks?

miss_emmajane

Silver Member
Any ideas for snacks when watching the football?

So far I am thinking nachos (I know its debatable if lasagne doritos are free or not but I have them every now and again!) and some dips. Should be gorgeous as always but trying to think of some other ideas :)

You could make SW Potatoe Wedges with a salsa dip and other syn free dips?? Although I do love tortilla chips but better to do wedges as free food (if doing EE day or green that is)

Haha, I am so tempted to make the SW KFC - I know it seems a fair bit of effort, but then when my family get real KFC, I don't feel left out! (^_^)

I suppose this isn't really a snack though...

You could make SW Potatoe Wedges with a salsa dip and other syn free dips?? Although I do love tortilla chips but better to do wedges as free food (if doing EE day or green that is)

I make proper nachos with them - chilli con carni, low fat fromage frais, melted cheese and jalepinos (however you spell that) so it wouldn't be the same with wedges but I might do some wedges extra as its for a few people :)

Thank you! Which syn free dips do you do? I have cucumber dip but thats it :eek:

Haha, I am so tempted to make the SW KFC - I know it seems a fair bit of effort, but then when my family get real KFC, I don't feel left out! (^_^)

I suppose this isn't really a snack though...

Ohhh, I have yet to make KFC chicken - is it worth the effort? And nachos isn't really a snack, it so filling so will be my tea :)

I love celery with primula squirted down the middle. That primula light tube is 75g for a HexA!

If you mix low fat houmous with Total 0% yogurt, it makes a lovely low-syn dip, and I would have that with thin strips of pepper, carrot and cucumber.

Ohhh, I have yet to make KFC chicken - is it worth the effort? And nachos isn't really a snack, it so filling so will be my tea :)

I haven't actually tried it yet, but I know a lot of people on here have given very positive feedback about it! :)

It has, so far, been the only thing that has made my boyfriend excited about my diet, haha.

xxx

Last edited:
Breaded mushrooms are nice if you mix a bit of zing of your choice in the breadcrumbs. Go nice with a quark/garlic type dip?

Back