For Anyone going on Hols/Function etc

BetsyBotox

Silver Member
Just thought I'd share my experience with you.

I had to go away unexpectedly for a few days (Disaster in my house which meant I couldn't live there while builders were working) We booked a lovely little place in the country. I took my blender and my shakes and hoped for the best.

The place was filled with gorgeous places to eat, full of hearty calorie laden home cooking, and smells to die for. Normally I would be stuffing my face and looking at the time in anticipation of my next meal. To me holidays/functions were always about eating and drinking as much as you can.

I was so shocked! It didn't bother me one iota. In fact I enjoyed going out to restaurants/pubs and being able to resist. I enjoyed watching other people eat and drink knowing that I could sip my water and have just as good a time as them. I felt strangely elated and powerful hehe.

I loved the fact that I was never stuffed full of food or peed on drink. I was always bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready for the next hike (and by God we did some hiking up mountains, country lanes, across fields, through forests. I've now thigh muscles like Roberto Carlos) I was full of energy and alert. I have never been those words on holiday before.

So if anyone is going away or to a function where you are going to be expected to eat or drink, you can still go and have a great time while on LT. You'll get a buzz being all strong and powerful. You'll feel proud of yourself for resisting temptation. People will think you're the bees knees for looking after yourself and wanting to improve your health.

If I can do it, anyone can.

Betsy- you are fabulous! A total motivation. Cheers hun

x

wow! Well done thats great! I had my first night out since staring LT a few nights and guess how it started....... yes with a meal..... then drink after drink and i didnt touch a thing other that my bottle of expensive water lol it was so hard but i felt so much better with my self when i woke up the next morning knowing id got through it! It will be worth it on my weigh in tomorrow :)

Hi Betsy,
you should be so proud of yourself woman, a great achievement esp with the house trouble. There is a great sense of achievement not having the same as everyone else and having the strength to refuse, well done. How is the house now, have you been able to move back in yet?
Doirin

Well done Betsy, that is a great achievement.

I went to many events while on LT last year, my social life is quiet anyway so I refused to miss out any, and I survived them all without food or drink. I was at a wedding just the other weekend and stuck to my sparkling water quite happily. Company is more important than what you eat or drink. Girlie nights, whilst still boozy for others, were easy for me coz we'd go bowling or anything other than meals.

I wouldn't give up functions just because you can't eat, life is too short, enjoy every minute of it, it is possible without food. Thank you for reminding us of that Betsy.

x

well done betsy, thats great,
since starting lt iv been to a few things where i was expected to eat i.e a christening , party, funday... and i got through them ,i will admit at some stages it was hard but i tried to keep focused and got through it ok.
I`m going on holiday on saturday for a week and i was going to refeed ready for it but i`v decided against that and am going to stick to lt as i dont want to be put back for a week.. hope i have the stregnth that youv had and get through it ok xxx
well done hun x

I told very few people I was on LT and at functions where it was difficult to not eat I got my children playing a bit of a game. I would have a plate with food on it and as they passed they would take something off it unseen by others. They thought it was very funny and it saved me the bother of explaining the diet!

x

I told very few people I was on LT and at functions where it was difficult to not eat I got my children playing a bit of a game. I would have a plate with food on it and as they passed they would take something off it unseen by others. They thought it was very funny and it saved me the bother of explaining the diet!

x

LMAO -good tip woman! hehehe

Amazingly well done Bets! It is hard being surrounded by temptation but you're the proof it can be done. Good woman!

Thanks everyone! Well done to all those who have been out and fought the demons. You'll always win that battle if you're determined to look healthy, gorgeous and slim with men and women fainting at the sight of ya!

Keriann, that was brilliant and isn't the proud feeling in the morning great! I also keep remembering that LT isn't for life, one day we'll be able to eat/drink again but next time it will be controlled and we'll be slim ha!

Haha CuddlyFairy good one! Your babies sound great! Your so right! It's about the company and the craic not what's there to eat or drink! Life is too short to miss out, nice way of putting it!

Claire, you will be able to do it no problem at all! No need to refeed, just take your shakes and feel great! It'll be a much better holiday if you stick with LT. You'll feel all empowered and super and you'll also come back pounds lighter and closer to your goal of fabulousness!

Thank you Doirin, yeah I'm back in the house. Didn't want to come home! Wanted to stay there! They made a bit of a mess but all is right again. I didn't mind the mess as it's a great excuse to decorate again!

I've only been out out once this time and felt amazing to be sipping my water -and very smug when all around me were drunk and bickery! LOL

And like you I keep thinkg 'I only have to do this once if I do it right.' It's only a little while and it doesn't have to be a misery.

I have my mums wedding in 3 weeks am dreading it :(

Hey Charl, no don't be dreading it! Embrace it with your new found confidence in yourself and your brilliant weight loss! You have been through 2 weeks of LT, if you can do that you can do anything!

How long does a wedding last? About 6 hours in total? You can last 6 hours without succumbing to food or drink. Think of how well you'll have done in 5 weeks of LT. Think of how proud you'll feel. You will be great and manage so well. Keep thinking positive!

I've only been out out once this time and felt amazing to be sipping my water -and very smug when all around me were drunk and bickery! LOL

And like you I keep thinkg 'I only have to do this once if I do it right.' It's only a little while and it doesn't have to be a misery.

Haha! I found it slightly weird being the one to watch people drunk and bickerin! I'm usually the one drunk and talking s*it that no one understands but me! Hell yeah, you're right, smug is a good word, that's what I am - smug ha. Never thought I would have ever called myself that heh.

LMAO! But it feels goooood doesn't it? hehehehe

I have my mums wedding in 3 weeks am dreading it :(

Don't worry hun, if you don't want to tell people you're on a VLCD then do what I did at a wedding the other week I got a plate of food from the buffet then sneaked it into a box in my handbag. My children had it the next day and thoroughly enjoyed it. No one got upset coz I didn't eat and everyone was happy! Mind you, good job I have a good size handbag!!!!!!:p

I can't be bothered to tell people about the diet coz there is so much negativity about these VLCD's these days. I have no intention of justifying my reasons so I don't give them any ammunition. Only my OH and 3 children know I am on it this time and only a few close friends knew last year.

You will be able to do it sweetie, it can be done.

Good luck.

xx

Sounds like a wonderful holiday, good for you!

Don't worry hun, if you don't want to tell people you're on a VLCD then do what I did at a wedding the other week I got a plate of food from the buffet then sneaked it into a box in my handbag. My children had it the next day and thoroughly enjoyed it. No one got upset coz I didn't eat and everyone was happy! Mind you, good job I have a good size handbag!!!!!!:p

I can't be bothered to tell people about the diet coz there is so much negativity about these VLCD's these days. I have no intention of justifying my reasons so I don't give them any ammunition. Only my OH and 3 children know I am on it this time and only a few close friends knew last year.

You will be able to do it sweetie, it can be done.

Good luck.

xx
omg i know how you feel cudly, im sick and tired of trying to explain the diet to people too, and then for them to look at me as if im mad, all i get is you wanna be careful and i couldnt do it, theres even a few people that talk about food constantly around me (i think they think it bothers me and get some kick out of it) but it doesnt xxx

Claire you don't have to explain anything about your life to anyone. You're under no obligation to justify your reasons for choosing LT to anyone but yourself. They'll be green with envy when you looking fabulous, all fit and healthy. That'll shut them up and make them eat their words (and hopefully those words will be calorie laden hehe)

I am impressed that so many can resist temptation. This is my big fear. We go away a lot of weekends and I always look forward to nice food and wine!!! Having read your posts I will have to try and be strong enough to keep on the narrow path. thanks for the inspiration.

Back