For future use: The 5 BEST and WORST Chinese meals

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
I think there is often a misconception that of all takeaways Chinese is the least fattening....probably because of all the vegetables used. However....not so....here is a little comparison I clipped from an article....a realy eye opener.

Of course, the five worst ones, are some of the best ones!! But they will have to be given a miss or a very small taste in the future:

Danger Zone – 5 Worst Chinese Menu Items

Orange Beef: 1,770 calories and 66g fat!
Kung Pao Chicken: 1,620 calories and 76g fat
General Tso’s Chicken: 1,600 calories and 59g fat
Sweet and Sour Pork: 1,610 calories and 71g fat
House Fried Rice: 1,480 calories and 50g fat

Home Base – 5 Best Chinese Menu Items

Hot and Sour Soup: 110 calories and 4g fat
Chicken with Black Bean Sauce: 700 calories, 25g fat
Stir-Fried Vegetables: 750 calories and 19g fat
Hunan Tofu: 910 calories and 28g fat
Shrimp with Garlic Sauce: 950 calories and 27g fat

SO for those out there branching out, back into the big wide world of food....be careful what you order!!

:)

YEAH, chicken and blackbean one of my favs is on the good list!!

Thanks for posting BL, very interesting.

Gxx

Your welcome P. I was happy to see Black Bean Chicken too Porg - it is one of my favourites too. Phew!! I also love Hot and Sour soup, so thats a keeper. And tofu is nice too - thugh I had to take a double look - thought it said HUMAN Tofu. :rotflmao: Was a bit shocking to see some of the fat contents of the others!!

Wow Porgeous - you look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol didn't spot the Human Tofu!! Just shows how misleading it can be, Orange Beef sounds so harmless but as you say the fat content in them is huge, wonder where it comes from because when you stir fry at home it is usually a pretty healthy way of cooking, must be something that authentic chinese cooking includes that racks up the fat?

Just been reading some of your diary and I must just say your attitude to this journey has been fantastic, I take my hat off to you!

Gx

Hi BL

As you work your way through RTM they teach you that actually nothing is out of bounds within reason. Yes you do need to be careful, obviously, eating that stuff every day will kill you, but if you only eat out once a month and you are eating a healthy balanced diet on a daily basis and successfully maintaining your weight, then there is no reason why you can't have the kung pao chicken if that is what you want.
If you know you are going out for dinner on Saturday then you cut back a bit the week before.
If you eat out on a weekly basis then that is a different story.

There is actually nothing you aren't allowed to eat once you have finished RTM, you just have to manage it correctly. You have to set your own bounderies. (Scary thought I know but you learn all the way through RTM about how to do it.)

HEHE... wheres the curry chips :oops: :eek: or is that just me ?! lol

Porgeous... looking gorgeous xx

ooooo curry chips!! no definately not just you!!

Thanks for the compliments xx

Ali - you are my god! I love the black been sauce, but usually with Beef.
Porgeous - your transformation is amazing - even my OH commented last night on your new look! If I didn't bat for the other team, I'd being thing "Phwoar!" right about now!

Hi BL

As you work your way through RTM they teach you that actually nothing is out of bounds within reason. Yes you do need to be careful, obviously, eating that stuff every day will kill you, but if you only eat out once a month and you are eating a healthy balanced diet on a daily basis and successfully maintaining your weight, then there is no reason why you can't have the kung pao chicken if that is what you want.
If you know you are going out for dinner on Saturday then you cut back a bit the week before.
If you eat out on a weekly basis then that is a different story.

There is actually nothing you aren't allowed to eat once you have finished RTM, you just have to manage it correctly. You have to set your own bounderies. (Scary thought I know but you learn all the way through RTM about how to do it.)

Yes, I know there will come a time off the program when we just eat whateve we choose. I think thats the key - the "choice". I'm not saying I will never eat fried rice, ar S&S Pork again - but I might not choose to have them each time we might have a chinese.....i totally understand moderation is the key.

Wish I understood that years before now! Well, I should rephrase that. I did understand it - I just didn't put it into practice. ;)

Me to, never put it into practice that is. I would avoid high fat food from now on and try to eat a healthy diet. Don't want to ever go back to my old ways whether I'm allowed or not. Tooo scary

I always have steamed rice with a chinese as that feels like 'damage limitation'! Prawn crackers are my downfall and prawn curry! Yum, I really fancy one now!

RTM is kind of like retraining your mind and body, so you naturally start enjoying a healthy diet. You will learn how to set your own new boundaries.

You are also strongly encouraged not to say words like 'allowed' as it is the all or nothing thinking again.
More like, 'It wouldn't be helpful to go back to the old ways we all had. It would be more helpful to eat a healthy balanced diet, which includes eating out on occasion.'

Porgeous - your transformation is amazing - even my OH commented last night on your new look! If I didn't bat for the other team, I'd being thing "Phwoar!" right about now!

That made me chuckle!! :p

RTM is kind of like retraining your mind and body, so you naturally start enjoying a healthy diet. You will learn how to set your own new boundaries.

You are also strongly encouraged not to say words like 'allowed' as it is the all or nothing thinking again.
More like, 'It wouldn't be helpful to go back to the old ways we all had. It would be more helpful to eat a healthy balanced diet, which includes eating out on occasion.'

I'M SO LOOKIN FWD TO RTM!!!!!!! It sounds fab!!

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

How about BBQ spare ribs, would these be a good choice?
I know they are quite calorific but at least they aren't packed with carbs.

Chicken & Blackbean with boiled rice is my fave. It's what I always have. Df thinks I'm boring as hell always having the same, but I love it!

Back