For the love of EXANTE!

Helsybelsy

Hi there, would love to get a new thread going where we can all encourage and help each other along. I am going into week 4 on Exante TS. I have lost 1st 6lbs so far. I am over the moon with my weight loss and now just waiting for it to slow down. I’m under no illusions that it will be such big losses all the time. Day to day is fine with just a few times where I have felt really hungry. Last night I ate a can of tuna (in spring water) drained and added salt and pepper. I tried so hard not to but it was the only way to stop cravings for me. I figure it’s pure protein and not that many calories so won’t make too much of a difference or knock me out of Ketosis . This weight loss lark is hard right? I’m very positive though and I know I can do it. I keep imagining going into a shop and buying a nice top/dress that isn’t black or that actually fits me! 😜 hope someone joins in with me :)

Wow Helsy, you are doing so well! I know what you mean about the clothes shopping. I feel exactly the same way. My body loses weight very slowly and the older I am getting (58) the slower it seems to become! That is not bothering me atm though, as long as I am lighter each week eventually I will be at a healthy weight.

We will do this Helsy!

Take care my dear and have a lovely Saturday!

Hi Helsy Belsy

Isn't it weird how a can of Tuna is now what you think of as a cheat ? I think it was a great choice, sometimes you have to listen to your body. When I did exante last time my 'cheat' was 1 mini babybel lol ... i'd kick myself over 50 protein filled calories! Whereas on any other diet, i woudn't think i was cheating if I had a helluva lot more!

I'm only on day 6 this time, so no cheats .... yet! Although on Wednesday I could have licked the glue of stamps I was so hungry! :) But I really want to lose 1 stone in April. I lost just over 5lb in the first 3 days, but my official wi is Wednesday so that 's my goal -1 stone from there. I'm out for birthday drinks on 27th April, but from now until them I'm making sure I say no to any social events that will involve me eating or drinking .... 1 month of being a hermit is worth it!

Good luck!
L

Yesss Lesley!! You can do it! I know it’s carzy isn’t it how we think of food when we are on vldc’s lol. I have been necking water and going to bed early to combat hunger. I suppose it’s not so much hunger as wanting something delicious. Well done on your weight loss so far xx

Hi, Helseybelsy, think you and I going for about the same loss. I have been on TS for over 13 weeks now and apart from one planned night off been doing fine. I agree it is hard not to give in to cravings but am using the lessons I learned from lighter life lighter life to keep me from giving in. The best part is I am now 3 sizes down so like having a whole new wardrobe. Every time I get a craving now I either try on something that didn’t fit before or look at my slim photos and so far so good.
Great to have company on here and we can do it x

Hi Yoyo! Wow your weight loss is amazing well done 👍🏻 5 stone is a massive achievement!! I too have been trying on a few things that havnt fit me for ages and it really helps with staying focused. Have a great Sunday all of you :) I’m off to do a 12 hr shift in a nursing home, roll on 8pm lol

The ones I had were Maple syrup pancakes but I have a packet of the lemon so might try them in the morning. I have the Indian curry pack last night and it was sooooo good 👍🏻

How is everyone doing today? I have a week off work now as my kids are on Easter Holidays. I find it harder when I’m not at work as work is so busy I don’t have time to think about food! My Mum is coming to visit today from up north and she is obsessed with food so wish me luck!

The weekend was my struggle because I was not doing a great deal, so I get where you are coming from. Back at work tonight, so should be fine over the next few days. OH is cooking things he knows I am not keen on, so that helps!

I am cleaning out the garage to keep me busy.....it’s so bad this may keep me distracted for days 😂😂😂
We can do it guys, we know the triggers and I am rooting for you....it’s just one day at a time.
😘

Hey all ... I tried the eggs a while back - totally gross!! I love most things apart from the Carbonara - just something wrong with that one imo!

Went out on Saturday night to games with friends and was saint like - had one Dr Pepper Zero and then water. You really notice how much others are eating when you don't eat - I'd say approx 500 - 600 cals each on crisps and snacks etc ... which I would have mindlessly taken part in before just because it was there! I hope Im learning (doubt it! lol)

Scales are behaving themselves so far this week - official Wi Weds.

BTW - I also started at over 20 stone, but lost about 4 on Weight watchers before I got divorced and started having a social life again :D

Lesley, well done and it is weird watching how much others mindlessly eat....like being the only sober one on a drunken night out 😂😜😂. You have done so well, a real inspiration. X

Lesley, you have lost so much! You must feel fantastic 👍🏻 People who have never had to lose a significant amount of weight will never know how hard it actually is. A real achievement x

Hi

How's everyone doing? I'm very happy to report a 4lb loss this week :)
Also just had the new Hot Cross Bun bar for dinner ... was really nice, and did taste strangely like a hot cross bun with butter! Going to save my others for Easter and try to fool myself i'm eating the real thing :D

Back