For those tempted to cheat/give up!!!!

rach6288 said:
I have lost 3st 11lbs in 14 weeks, gone from 16st 13lbs to 13st 2lbs. 1st 3lbs until target.
I believe a lot of dieting is in your head. I've been dieting constantly since I was 13, and this is the most I've ever lost and the lightest I've ever been, I always cheated before but this time is different- I feel very focused and motivated.

Maybe buy a nice dress in a size down for motivation? I've got a size 12 jeans and top just waiting for me haha x

That is amazing and do inspirational! I plan to keep plodding along...some days are harder than others but I think it will be so worth it in the long run...

3 stone 11 pounds in 14 weeks is excellent! Well done you! Have you ss'd the whole time?

aw thanks hun x

Yep, well ss+ (4 packs and milk for tea/coffee) was recommend for me because I'm 5'11.

So I ss+ for the first 12 weeks, had an 810 week (lost 2lbs) then back on ss+ till goal (11st 13) then move up the steps and any weight I lose doing that is a bonus. That's my plan anyway!

It's been hard work, but my loses have kept me motivated. I'm so close now I'd be crazy to stop!

X

Yeah the losses help keep us going, but it is do hard.. I hope I can also keep going as long!

It'll be amazing for you to reach goal... What do you plan to do when you get there? Just work up the CD stages?

Oh yeah, its stupidly hard. But does get eaiser. I think I read somewhere it takes 28 days to create a habit, so if you can do 4 weeks you should start to feel better after that...so they say anyway!

Well I'm going to work up then steps, every single step for a minimum of 2 weeks, then I have 2 options...

1. Calorie count and low carb. Once I have maintained a while and know my new body I might do a modified JUDDD where I have lower cals during the week and then relax and have treats at the weekend

2. Follow SW/WW

Not decided yet... Am swaying more towards calorie counting cause I don't have to pay for it and its more flexable... Really not sure though, being close to goal has made me think about this a lot. Am def gonna start the C25K, try and get fit!

Ps, sorry for taking over your thread Nikie! Feel free to kick me out ;)

X

Don't be silly Rach! Lovely to have you all here and exactly what I love about this forum!! The help and support is fantastic! Am loving the comment about 28 days to form a habit; that completely makes sense!

I can't wait to be a stone away from goal- 6 weeks ago that seemed impossible but now it feels a reality!

I;m still a huge way from goal, but everyday it gets a little easier.... and everyday it seems more and more achievable...

Honestly when i first heard about this diet, i didn't think i would last a week, but i have now just had my 5th weeks weigh in and my clothes are feeling far looser!

Looking forward to seeing what the stats are saying in a few more weeks time.... exciting stuff! =0)

I know Susan - I can't believe I'm having my 6th weigh in tonight! I still want it to go really quickly but I have to admit, the last 6 weeks have gone very quickly in hindsight!

3lbs off!!! So that's 2stone1lb off altogether in 6 weeks! I am over the moon with that!!

Amazing!! Well done hun. I'm pretty sure I lost about the same in 6 weeks, its such a big incentive to keep going.

These 15 weeks have flown by. And now I'm in a routine, and don't think about food every waking moment (like the first 3 weeks!) The weeks fly by too. Next weigh in is Thursday! Will let you guys know how I get on!

X

Woo hoo!!! Rach you must be feeling amazing, less than a stone till goal!? That's so great! Can you tell us what has changed for you since you lost so much weight?

Indeed I can!

1. I have gone from a size 20 to a 14 ( hopefully end up at a 12)
2. I move around easier- it's almost like I float now!
3. I look soooo much better in clothes, less lumps and bumps
4. I don't have to suck my tummy in constantly
5. There is a gap between my thighs!!
6. I feel sexy, and I feel like men might actually fancy me a bit
7. I smile more
8. I don't think about food constantly- it doesn't control me anymore
9. When I lay down my hip and rib bones stick out
10. I have collar bones!
11. I have finally accepted I will never have a perfect body- I have a mummy tummy, stretch marks, slightly saggy boobs... But they gave me my daughter and I'm proud of them. I'm gonna work with what I've got, and any man I allow to see me naked will love them too- cause they are part of me.
12. Probably the most important one is a have realised how strong I am. While being on ss I have started college, become a single parent (totally single- jasmines dad has disappeared), put my girl in nursery, started volunteering, and applied to university... And I've managed to stick to ss 100 percent for 16 weeks. I'm so proud of myself and my confidence is growing by the day.

sorry if that was a bit self indulgent lol but seriously if I can do it, anyone can- not easy, takes will power and motivation, but if you really want to change then you will :)

x x x x x

Rach, what an amazing post and so inspiring! You really make me want to continue and see what it can do for me... You sound so happy... Huge congratulations, you'll be at goal before you know it! Well done huni xx

Rach, I really needed to read that today. Am having a terrible time at work. Will read better and respond later tonight.x

I lost 5lbs this week! I did expect a big loss as I was on my period last week and my clothes are feeling loads looser this week. I'm very happy!

Thanks Susan!

Rach I was so motivated when I read your list. I can relate to a lot of the points and it really spurred me on, on a day when I felt so low. Thank you. It reminded me how far I have come in the last couple of months. I have just under 2 stone still to go and I'm under no illusions that this part will be harder than the first. Mainly because I have my birthday party in just under a months time and then christmas. My CDC is confident that I won't undo all my hard work and that I will get straight back SS afterwards. She has so much faith in me and thats really inspiring. I could be so close to goal by Christmas and that is hard to fathom right now!

Back