For those who have lost weight

For those who have lost weight, did you have to switch foods to the healthiest they can be? As in did you switch to wholemeal pasta, have eggs for breakfast ect?

Or did you mainly reduce portion sizes and cut out rubbish foods?

It appears that some advice is to switch to wholemeal, have eggs for breakfast, switch to skimmed milk ect.

Any advice please?

All i did was, daily exercise, eat low fat low calorie diet, i still love burgers, so now have quorn, i love chippy chips so 3 times a week i have oven chips,

Basically, i just tried to make lots of small changes, for everything i eat, i tried to find better alternatives, oh and i now eat loads of salad, loads of veg, and steer clear of fast food

I lost over 3 stone, good luck

Ive lost quite a fair amount so far not eating carbs at all. For example:

Breakfast - 3 eggs (1 yolk, three whites)
Lunch - Tuna, eaten with slices of cucumber
Dinner - Chicken (skinless/boneless) eaten with a packet of steam veg

I also work out at least 4 times a week at the moment (although Im actually managing 5/6 times a week!)

:) X

I ate healthy food to begin with, just in far too large portion sizes. I already ate wholemeal pasta and bread, loads of veggies, salad. Just loads of it. Covered in olive oil and parmesan cheese in the case of pasta :rolleyes:. I still use butter and semi-skimmed milk. I still eat all the "naughty" things I used to but factor them into my calorie intake. I've cut my alcohol consumption significantly.

I've always disliked overly processed junk (or 'beige food' as I like to call it lol), which I suppose has made things slightly easier, although I'm still the slowest dieter on earth!

i am losing weight fairly slowly by eating healthily and upping my exercise but not really following a diet. My view on wholegrains is that not only do they have more nutrients than white bread, pasta etc they fill you up for longer and they also taste better. So I don't see it as a hardship to switch to them. Much prefer granary or multigrain bread to a white loaf.
You get mixed messages about eggs but I try and have about 2-3 a week either hard-boiled or in an omelette.
I still have the odd packet of crisps or a takeaway curry (try to choose the less unhealthy options) but try to limit them.

Back