For those whose weight suffers when stressed

I will succeed!!!
Ok, so this is possibly pushing being in this section as could be seen as OT...but bear with me (and move if felt inappropirate by mods :) )...

I am sure you won't mind me speaking for everyone when I say that without this forum, most of us would find SW much more difficult to stick to, especially when we're stressed out or going through a bad patch (with life and/or SW).

I did a search for this and one came up but it was from over a year ago so thought it might be worth bringing up again.

Bach's Remedy

My MIL-to-be got me onto this recently when I was stressed and it's making a huge different to how I am feeling.

Now, I know a lot of us find sticking to plan harder in tougher times and even if you don't, stress is never nice to go through.

It's just under £6 for a small phial from Boots (other chemists avaialble ;) ) and I think it's a miracle in a bottle.

I bet a lot will know about it, but for those who don't (like moi) it's worth trying if you find you get stressed a lot. Mine is at work...'nuff said lol.

xoxox

I relax with music and dance.
I dont believe in chemicals and natural remedies (but thats just me!) to help you unwind, as there will always be a dependency on it if you are an "addictive" person - I am. I have been prescribed the anti-depressents when things got too much, but couldnt bring myself to take them.
Instead I found a release that works for me, but it may not for other people.
Bach remedies are good (so I've heard), so if it works for you Hun, especially with stresses at work, suggesting it is fantastic.

xxxx

I relax with music and dance.
I dont believe in chemicals and natural remedies (but thats just me!) to help you unwind, as there will always be a dependency on it if you are an "addictive" person - I am. I have been prescribed the anti-depressents when things got too much, but couldnt bring myself to take them.
Instead I found a release that works for me, but it may not for other people.
Bach remedies are good (so I've heard), so if it works for you Hun, especially with stresses at work, suggesting it is fantastic.

xxxx

I know what you mean - I hate putting stuff into my body unless essential and tend to avoid 'pills' and the like. But this stuff seems wonderful - though tastes horrid! LOL. MIL-to-be said it helped her through chemo treatment - it was funny the first time I took it, she MADE me have some before we left a few weeks ago because I'd been upset after having a bad phone call. I bought some the day after...hehe.

I don't mix it into a drink daily, I just put a couple of drops onto tongue when I feel anxious or stressed - I did wonder if it was a psychological thing and I felt better because I thought I should, but my OH reminded me that I ain't that easy to please lol!!! ;)

But you're right - there are lots of forms of relaxation and stress busting and exercise is one of the best :)

xoxox

Is this the Rescue remedy? I have meditation cd's, they (sometimes) get me off to sleep at night. I plug myself in to my personal cd player.

Is this the Rescue remedy? I have meditation cd's, they (sometimes) get me off to sleep at night. I plug myself in to my personal cd player.

Yes..the little yellow box.

Oooo if you like relaxation CDs try PathFinder by 'Earthhealer'. It's amazing :)

I find running is the ultimate antidote to stress. When going through a marriage break up it quite literally saved me. I didn't dare go to the doctor at the time, I knew he would prescribe anti depressants, and I know that I ahve an addictive personality. My best mate is a psychiatric nurse, and he was begging me to take them. I used to get on the treat mill and run after taking the kids to school. Sometimes for 2+ hours. Often with tears running down my cheeks. It saved me I think. Never tried anything else. As I say, I was too scared. I also found that I didn't eat. Pretty much at all. First time in my life. It lasted months. I think I was just too sad. I lost loads, but think it ahs paid havoc with my metabolism. Which is still siuffering now I am happier and want to eat!
Lydna

The best stress buster for me is imagining my OH's ex tied to the front of an express train hurtling towards a brick wall. Alternatively volunteering her as assistant to a blind knife thrower.

The best stress buster for me is imagining my OH's ex tied to the front of an express train hurtling towards a brick wall. Alternatively volunteering her as assistant to a blind knife thrower.

lol :p

Back