Forgetting to eat!!!

evilpenguin

Not evil at all
I done really well yesterday, I'm trying to stick to under 10 syns a day this week and I only had around 7 yesterday.. but then this morning I realised I didn't have any of my HEB choice! I wasn't hungry so I just never thought about what else I could eat, dinner was too filling. Does anyone else do this? How do you remind yourself to eat your HE's? Especially if you're having one of those not hungry days? :confused: Does it have a big effect on your weight loss if you do forget?

Btw I usually have sandwiches for lunch at work & do extra easy so I don't need to think about HEB when I get home, this could be why I forget sometimes! I write everything down at night but last night I was busy cooking, doing lunches for today & getting my gym gear organised so only just wrote it up this morning & then realised.

I sometimes forget my HEBs too, and my HEAs if I'm honest. I've still lost weight farily consistently so I don't think it's had too much of an adverse effect. I figure I should be getting a lot of fibre from the fruit and veggies I eat, and I also have cottage cheese and yoghurt quite a bit as free food so hopefully this compensates for not having the HEAs. To be honest, I find that a portion of bread is sometimes not enough - if I have some I want more, so sometimes I consciously don't have any (not sure if that makes sense...). I guess as long as you're eating from all the food groups and your digestion is OK (sorry to be a bit personal) then you shouldn't worry about missing the odd one here and there.

For the diet to work properly you do need to eat your HEX's and at least 15 syns a day - if you reach a plateau in your weight loss, you will have nothing to cut back on to kick start your weight loss again, so I would really urge you to eat your HEX's and your full 15 syns daily.......you will still lose weight.

i thought it was only me that forgot simple things like eating!

i have now started having magic pporridge every morning and that uses my b, and try to have warm milk with an options mixed in going to bed to help me sleep better

laura x

I have found that in the last week - I have had virtually no HEBs, and the only HEAs I have had are milk. Only sins I have had have been errors.
Expecting a decent loss this week, but want to start having more superfrees and having my HEBs. Looked through the book last night and going to start bringing rivitas and laughing cow triangles for lunch/snack at work.
Also didn't realise you couldn't have cheese as your HEB on an Extra Easy day, only on a Green day - won't make that mistake again!

I love Magic Porridge, had it today mmm! I find the best thing to do is write it all out the day before. Maybe try to save a HEXB for dinner but plan it beforehand so you know what you've had and where you are with it all. x

I never forget to eat my HBs, I love them too much and struggle with only 2 to be honest ! At least if you do a quick count up in the evening you could have something as a treat to use them up :)

I often don't have my HEXbs as I don't eat bread or cereals. When I remember I quite like dried apricots. It has not effected my weight loss by not having them. I do, however, eat a lot of veg. More often than not more than the 1/3.

I often don't have my HEXbs as I don't eat bread or cereals. When I remember I quite like dried apricots. It has not effected my weight loss by not having them. I do, however, eat a lot of veg. More often than not more than the 1/3.

There's alot of yummy things apart from bread and cereals. Nuts would be something easy to include even if you weren't hungy.... the portions that count as a HB are really small ;)

I only really forget them if I'm not hungry, like gobolino I love them and usually struggle with just 2 of each! Just curious to know if it would ever affect the weight loss. Glad I'm not the only person who forgets :)

For the diet to work properly you do need to eat your HEX's and at least 15 syns a day - if you reach a plateau in your weight loss, you will have nothing to cut back on to kick start your weight loss again, so I would really urge you to eat your HEX's and your full 15 syns daily.......you will still lose weight.

Thanks Donnie. I usually do have the full 15 syns but I'm actually going out for a family meal on Friday night and have been saving up some syns this week to allow for it, trying to do some damage limitation.

I tend to use 2 Hexs on breakfast its so easy that way. I love the idea of having toast and vegemite in the evening as hexb and not feeling guilty :p

How many syns do you have Sonia? I was told to have 10 a day.
Janet x

While I was losing I used to mostly have 15 a day, sometimes a little less and sometimes a little more.
Now that I am at target, I am playing around with my syns to see what my STS limit is. Last week I had between 20 and 25 and I STS.

While I was losing I used to mostly have 15 a day, sometimes a little less and sometimes a little more.
Now that I am at target, I am playing around with my syns to see what my STS limit is. Last week I had between 20 and 25 and I STS.
Making me think I wonder if I should have 15 rather than the 10 as "when" I get to near goal I won't have anything to cut back on.
Thanks for your reply x

Back