Foundation to cover Redness

kelly1977

Back On CD.......
Hi Guys,

If any of you suffer with Facial Redness, Blotches, etc.

I wanted to ask you all what Foundation you use as I am after changing mine as I feel I need one with better coverage..

Thanks In Advance.. ;)

I use a powder called Bare minerals. I use the concealer and foundation, fantastic product. I have spent years looking for something with good coverage and dread to think how much money I have wasted trying different products, but came across this a few years ago and have stayed with it ever since. There are videos on Utube showing you how it works and what coverage you can get.

Hiya,

Clinique have a fantastic range of redness products, it's called redness solutions, I have really rosey cheeks and so I use their redness base/primer first then for foundation I use their "even" foundation and that really works for me. They do have foundations in the redness solutions range but the "even" one I use seems to really do the trick.

I also love mineral make up, that does cover redness to but for me, no matter how good my brush or how careful I am putting it on after an hour or so my pores look huge :(

I may have a look at Clinique. What kind of price is it, I do find bare minerals quite pricey for concealer and foundation.

Hi
Yeah I have used the clinique redness base for years now, couldn't live without it although still doesn't cover all the redness when I flush up!
Suffer with hot flushes, it's a nightmare..
It's £14 the redness base :)

X

Kelly hiyaaaaaa!!! I used to use ...... wait for it this is gonna sound odd ....... A green base!! No7 at boots used to have one (don't know if they still do) you put this green paste onto the areas that are prone to redness, rub it in and apply your foundation over the top.

Oh and my favorite concealer is Erase Paste from Benefit, you can use as much or as little as you need!!

Bare Minerals is great I use that too. But not sure where to get it in the UK, always get mine when I'm in America!! Shazzabir, where do you get yours from? I love it and I'm running out :(

I get Bare minerals from Debenhams. They have there own counter now. You can also buy direct online x

Surfhunny said:
Kelly hiyaaaaaa!!! I used to use ...... wait for it this is gonna sound odd ....... A green base!! No7 at boots used to have one (don't know if they still do) you put this green paste onto the areas that are prone to redness, rub it in and apply your foundation over the top.

Oh and my favorite concealer is Erase Paste from Benefit, you can use as much or as little as you need!!

Bare Minerals is great I use that too. But not sure where to get it in the UK, always get mine when I'm in America!! Shazzabir, where do you get yours from? I love it and I'm running out :(

Hiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ;-)

I already use the clinique redness solutions that's a green base, but it still doesn't fully prevent the redness fully coming through, really need a decent coverage foundation, used no 7 for years time for a change.
So is it the bare minerals foundation u use?
X

I don't use foundation I use the Bare Minerals powder. I first got it in New York, there's 3 steps to it, a base powder, a bronzing one fir definition and a final powder which sets it all. Sounds a right faff on but it's great, gives fantastic coverage!! I dont wear foundation because it always feels too thick on my face, like a mask lol. Bare Minerals powder gives better coverage than any of the other mineral make up I've tried.

If you need extra coverage the Erase Paste from Benefit is good, I use it when I get spots!

Thanks Shazzabir, I'll have a look in our Debenhams, failing that I'll try direct on line, don't know why I didn't think of that.

As a Body Shop at Home consultant I use Body Shop concealer on particular blotchy bits, lightening touch on pinky areas (it's light deflecting and very light on your skin) and then their minerals foundation - has no talc in which the high st brands often do, and although bare essentials doesn't it's much more expensive.

I also always use the primer first and that combination works for me :) people often comment on my make-up and how nice it is!(nothing to do with my skill or lack-thereof, it's the products!!)

If you're interested, there's 30% off at the moment if you bought through me (PM me if you'd like to know more and see the e-catalogue).

xxx

As a Body Shop at Home consultant I use Body Shop concealer on particular blotchy bits, lightening touch on pinky areas (it's light deflecting and very light on your skin) and then their minerals foundation - has no talc in which the high st brands often do, and although bare essentials doesn't it's much more expensive.

I also always use the primer first and that combination works for me :) people often comment on my make-up and how nice it is!(nothing to do with my skill or lack-thereof, it's the products!!)

If you're interested, there's 30% off at the moment if you bought through me (PM me if you'd like to know more and see the e-catalogue).

xxx

Hiya Hun,

I used to be a BS@H consultant for years, I do the Avon now, I have used lightening touch but didnt think much of it tbh.

I still use the bronzing powder.
Product I miss is the shea body butter.

Another vote for Bare Essentials, it's fabulous stuff, and although I paid £45 for my starter kit, it has lasted aaaaaages & is well worth the wonga!

I wear Bare Essentials too, find it's fab. The L'Oreal version isn't too bad either, cheaper.

Mac. Studio fix foundation.
Go out with no face make up on and they put it on you. So you can see if it works for you.

Well anywhere that sells mac make up.
Where I live it's shops like house of fraser, debenhams, them sort of department stores.
You could google studio fix foundation and last time I looked it had good reveiws. I use that and also ester lauda double wear. Both nice but studio fix give better coverage. (Liquid one.) not compact.
Let me know how you get on :)

I have a very red face, I first use Clinique redness solution (green creme) then I use Estee Lauder Double Wear. Lasts all day (except in the gym)

Good luck.

I have found something new and is loads better than Bare essentials and it's cheaper! Is Estee Lauder, Disappear smoothing creme concealer. It is £17.
You can use as a foundation or concealer, but the coverage is fantastic!

Shazzabir said:
I have found something new and is loads better than Bare essentials and it's cheaper! Is Estee Lauder, Disappear smoothing creme concealer. It is £17.
You can use as a foundation or concealer, but the coverage is fantastic!

Really??!?!? Does it cover all the redness, see I don't really have red cheeks but I flush up so need good coverage as I don't want people to really notice! :-(

Back