Foundation to cover Redness

Well the lady selling it to me asked if I really needed that much coverage, as it covered everything, dark circles, blemishes etc. So I asked for a makeover and was amazed how natural it looked. I wear it for exercising and don't even look like I have worked out very much, even though I'm really hot and sweaty!

Thanks for all the info on covering redness. I have a really red face but also perspire very easily so make up just slides off me. I prefer a concealer to a foundation as I prefer to just put it where I need it. I might try the Estee Lauder one, I reckon all the money I am saving on takeaways and chocolate should cover it lol

Bare minerals. I have rosacea and I've been using it for years. None of the other mineral make-ups come close.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I have this problem too.

I have clinique redness solutions yellow powder which I use sometimes but its not enough, and I have to be careful applying it or it looks wrong. and i've been looking for a foundation too.

Bare minerals have been mentioned in this thread, I don't want anyone wasting money, if you have sensitive skin and are going to buy bare minerals make sure you consider the MATTE version as its less likely to irritate.

I have tried the bare minerals powder mineral foundation, the original one, and although it looks nice on my skin, it makes my skin tingle & itch especially if I sweat at all. Since we've had hot weather my skins even worse and itchier when I use it.
I looked into it and it has something in it called bismuth, which can irritate people with sensitive skins. So if you have rosacea/sensitive skin i'd steer clear of the original version at least test it first. Matte doesnt have bismuth in apparently.
I do like the way the original powder looks once on but it leaves my skin feeling and once i've taken it off, looking a bit irritated.
I am going to buy it in matte unless I find a better option.
I hope this helps someone.

Haia, I use Bourjois foundation healthy mix. My skin is quite light and I get a lot of red patches and often acne. This, for me, is definitely the best one yet, I also use l'oreal true match minerals with the foundation and it covers the red patches perfectly! my friend say my skin has improved, but it's definitely my make-up! hope this helps

I like Clinique too! Bobbi Brown foundation gives good coverage as does Laura Mercier-the only quibble I have with those ones is the price! Lancome do good foundation too. I think it's worth spending money on foundation and concealer to get a good even base and just buy high street if you like on the rest.

I also think it's worth drinking more water too-since I started drinking 3litres water a day, my skin is so clear and glowy! Normally it flares up every so often. Also I don't drink alcohol or eat processed food anymore so I think this is helping too. I got really sick of forking over a ton of money for foundation so decided to go the healthy diet and water route!

Hi ladies, after Reading this thread I went and bought the estee Lauder disappear smoothing cream concealed and I love it!! Will def be sticking with this brand- gives fab coverage on red patches( and thread veins) and you only need a tiny amount! So thanks for the recommendation :)

Back