France anyone?

I'm in Normandy

I'm pretty sure I'm stating the obvious but I'm in Paris!

Gosh, we're all quite spread out - I'm on the Alsacienne (think that's how one would refer to it) border.

Angie, that sounds very interesting. I read ' Narrow boat to Carcassone' a few years ago, so my image is formed by that!
Leapfrog (hi again, long time since we 'spoke'), Normandy always seems lovely, probably because I always think of cream when I think of Normandy!
Wooldy, I had to look up where St. Etienne is (used to like the band way back though!) though in fact you are probably the one closest to here - relatively. Nice area!
Ah, Parisienne, lucky you!

Maybe we should set up a French virtual weigh in group?

Last edited:
Haha I know what you mean I could say Lyon but I'm a bit proud of the rivalry between my adoptive hometown and Lyon!

Anyway I shall be moving away from here soon so will be closer to Normandy.:)

I would be up for a weigh in but I dont own a set of scales (BOOO HISSS).... :-/

Ah I have just left Lyon on the boat! We had a few days here and i must admit I've had two days off! Back on track today and making a slimming world roast dinner for me and my fiancé as we cruise down the Rhone! I can think of worse ways to spend my Sunday!

I have been eating the filets du bacon fume - the fat already cut off! Since streaky bacon is pretty much a write off this was a godsend to find!

Does anyone use the creme fraiche legere 15% mat grasse? Trying to work out sun value but seems high compared to even normal tesco/asda creme fraiche!

100g = 166kcal :-/

I try to avoid crème fraiche. I used fat free yoghurt to make a pretty tasty SYN free bechamel sauce for lasagne.

Sunny weather here and some frozen fruit is going down a treat.

Just heard from home that slimming world is now selling ready meals in Iceland stores - isn't that a bit of a sell out? I somehow seem to remember them 'priding themselves' on 'real food' and sticking high Syn values on weight watchers products - was that all a sham?

Anyway none of that convenience here in France - perish the thought!

Angie, your trip sounds idyllic!

I would avoid creme fraiche on SW, as it is, well, cream. I used to use yogurt as well like Wooldy. On primal though, I now use the full-fat creme fraiche regularly in cooking and on fruit - who knows what's really right?

Wooldy, I'm sort of surprised as back in the day SW was very snooty about WW ready meals (though pushed Muller lights as if SW had shares in the stuff - oh & their own SW hi-fi bars of course). As you say, no convenience food here though!

I try to avoid crème fraiche. I used fat free yoghurt to make a pretty tasty SYN free bechamel sauce for lasagne.

Sunny weather here and some frozen fruit is going down a treat.

Just heard from home that slimming world is now selling ready meals in Iceland stores - isn't that a bit of a sell out? I somehow seem to remember them 'priding themselves' on 'real food' and sticking high Syn values on weight watchers products - was that all a sham?

Anyway none of that convenience here in France - perish the thought!

I thought this at first too though thinking about it theres always been convienience foods like Mugshots and Pasta n Sauce on the free food list. The new SW ready meals have much less rubbish in them than these. I'm not a ready meal fan - bought some to try (got dragged in by the hype!!). They're not bad and big portions but would still rather cook it myself - and they actually have the recipe on the back so you can make it from scratch yourself if you like it

Oh I have to admit I really miss Hi-Fi bars, the chocolate orange ones used to be a treat if I fancied chocolate and would feel really decadent and naughty having them!

I'm back at in the UK for a few weeks soon so I may check out the Iceland meals, just to see what they're like! I really enjoy cooking from scratch but I can see how they'd be handy to have in the freezer, just in case.

Hi everyone and bonne année! Thought I'd reactivate this thread a little :) Living in Toulouse, lost just under 2st in 4 or 5 months with SW last year back in the UK...sadly feeling/seeing it creeping back on! I'm an online member but finding the lack of group and image therapy really holding me back. Any other SW-ers living in France and food optimising, I'd love to share tips and advice! :bunnydance:

Hi everyone and bonne année! Thought I'd reactivate this thread a little :) Living in Toulouse, lost just under 2st in 4 or 5 months with SW last year back in the UK...sadly feeling/seeing it creeping back on! I'm an online member but finding the lack of group and image therapy really holding me back. Any other SW-ers living in France and food optimising, I'd love to share tips and advice! :bunnydance:
Yes em :)

Back