Freaky Eaters: Addicted to Chips

Watching it now :)

Amazing how these people survive on such limited food choices:confused:

OMG!! And she's studying nutrition:eek:

Mind you, my friends daughter who is studying nutrition at Uni, tells me that there is a high percentage of anorexics on the course. In fact, she is borderline herself.

perhaps is the over interest in food (or the lack of it) that draws them to the course:confused:

She is beautiful though, this girl on this programme. She really should be overweight and spotty.

Well for a girl on nothing but chips, bread and tomato sauce she looked amazingly healthy and beautiful.

I know I missed a few minutes here and there so therefore I was wondering...

Did I miss them doing blood tests:confused:

Bone scan etc.:rolleyes:

Or did they just hazard a guess she must be unhealthy inside.

What the programme did prove that even with all the experts on board it is not easy to change ones old habits about what we eat.

As they say old habits die hard.

Love Mini xxx

Yes...they decided she was low in iron.

It didn't make sense to me though. They told her about all the awful things that would happen to her. How she would become pale etc etc.

She certainly wasn't pale, and I couldn't help but wonder if they were clutching at straws.

Think she felt the same, but of course, they just said she was in denial.

Okay..so I thought she ought to have made more of an effort, but I couldn't help but see it from her point of view.

Why should she? She was healthy, active, enjoying her rather unusual diet. Problems might come later, but not many young people really want to dwell on that. Maybe she'll sort herself out when she starts seeing the side effects. Hopefully it wont be too late, but that's her choice. At least she knows the facts now.

Pity I missed that bit of the programme.

I think really there was no real incentive for her as she looked the picture of good health and her teeth were absolutely lovely as she did not like sweet stuff... and I think their approach was a bit of over kill...

All I could think was if she did not have a complex before she will certainly have one now and some hangs up about her childhood to go with it as they kept harping on about her being sick as a child.

I felt if anything they could trigger a sweet tooth addiction where there was none before.

Have to say her chip omelet appealed to me, but then I do love chips... will have to try that one myself.:D

Love Mini xxx

Have to say her chip omelet appealed to me, but then I do love chips... will have to try that one myself.:D

Love Mini xxx

:eat: :eat: :eat: OH yes, ooo my mouth is watering at the thought.....chip omelette omg ......chips with salt and vinegar on .......ooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhh

Someone say chips??

I love this whole series......I'll be watching this one during the week when I have time, but did anyone see the other ones?

Addicted to Spaghetti Hoops, or addicted to Cheese? They were pretty good.

I actually rather like that Benjamin Fry chap, although I can definately see why people might want to whack him!!:)

I actually rather like that Benjamin Fry chap, although I can definately see why people might want to whack him!!:)

:rotflmao:

Yes...very
psycho1.gif

KD - are you insinuating you don't like the chap? I think he's rather hot...in a strange softly spoken type way.:eek:

Mini - boooooo for not seeing the others. The only reason I saw them was my teleport thingie taping them. Maybe you can download them from somewhere? Not sure what one in the series this is.....might be before those ones. It was on the normal BBC before it was on BBC3, so you might not have missed them at all!!:)

xx

KD - are you insinuating you don't like the chap? I think he's rather hot...in a strange softly spoken type way.:eek:

Ah, how sweet.

Yes, I do like him, but hate the way they fixate on what they think the problem is (though that's probably the editing).

Wonder if it occured to them that young lass might just like chips:confused:

Anyway, they always sensationalise these programmes. She was eating beige food, not just chips and white bread as advertised. She ate beige food. Think she ate chocolate too if I remember rightly.

She also said that the piece of pineapple she tried tasted like pineapple...so she was obviously drinking fruit juice.

Mmmmmmmm.... yeah. In all the Freaky eaters series they don't really JUST eat that food....the cheese guy was about the most severe...he ate cheese and crisps and popadoms at a push. Couldn't even handle variations on cheese - not warm cheese, not cottage cheese.......there was one where they said someone was addicted to KFC or chicken or something and I didn't see her eat it once.....was so confused for the whole programme!!

Maybe she knows what pineapples smell like so maybe relates this to how they taste?...........you cynic KD!!:)

Maybe she knows what pineapples smell like so maybe relates this to how they taste?.

Nope, she definitely said it tasted like pineapple, and they did show here pouring herself a glass of orange juice...they just didn't think to mention it.

..........you cynic KD!!:)

Ahhhh, you know me so well:p

Well this is it...

I thought she had a thing about the feel of things in her mouth rather than the taste:rolleyes:

Back