FREE FOOD QUERY

SHELL1811

Hi Everyone,
I have been doing SW for less than a week now - I have changed from weight watchers as i have a big appetite and thought SW would be better for me!

With the free foods - how much should i be eating?
Im on a green day at the minute so have been snacking on mug shots etc - im worried i will eat too much as i think they are 'free' so i will just east eat eat!!!! :confused:

How much does everybody else eat?

Any help you could give me would be great.

Thank you:)

I just have my three meals per day - Breakfast, lunch and dinner - I rarely eat between meals, but SW's recommendation is that you first choice when snacking between meals, should be superfree foods.

The best thing I think is to just continue as you are doing now, and see how your losses go. If you are not happy with your losses then look at changing something, but if you can snack on the mug shots and still have good losses, it ain't broke, so dont fix it :D

Thanks Lolacola!
As ive switched from weight watchers im going to wait 2 weeks to get weighed.
Hopefully slimming world will work for me!

As long as you stop when you are full you're fine. As already said, wait tiil weigh in before making any change, and snack on superfree first if poss. My C says that if you are Snacking alot between meals you aren't eating enough so bear this in mind
Good luck x

I eat lots! I snack in between meals and have good size meals. When I first started I used to be able to have mugshots and whatever free food and still lose but as I have gone along my appetite has decreased and I don't think I could get away with eating so many calories as I burn off less daily by being smaller. As suggested see how it goes for you and change as and when necessary. I tend to snack on superfree mainly now and try and limit mullers to one a day but have fromage frais/natural yoghurt or a smaller yoghurt instead, grapes are something I have cut out too as I could easily get through a punnet of them in a flash and they have quite a lot of calories in them!
You probably won't have to worry about any of this for a while though or maybe not at all :)

As long as you are eating because you are hungry and not just because the foods are free, then you should be fine.

If you are finding you are needing to snack lots though, then you need to look at what you are eating at meal times, because obviously you will not be taking in enough filling foods. On green days you should try and steer clear of too much white unrefined carbs, instead opt for wholegrain options where possibly and include lots of superfree foods. These will make you feel satisfied for much longer.

Also try to make first choices for snacks superfree foods.

Other than that you cant really go wrong.

My problem is I'm always hungry!!
I've not had a great weekend with it being bank holiday but I've started being better today and am trying to eat fruit, veg and salad!!
Will try to keep doing this but I think maybe the word 'free' made me want to eat, eat, eat!!
Xx

If you are worried, perhaps start a daily food diary in the food diary section. That way people can advise you along the way if there is any particular areas you are going wrong.

If you are eating the right foods, you really shouldnt be "always" hungry, that to me suggests you may be eating out of habit rather than because you are actually hungry, which is something we probably all do when first starting out on such a plan.

It is important to be able to recognise when you are satisfied, which of course doesnt come easily overnight, it is something we have to train ourselves to recognise. But you do get there in the end, if you are following the plan.

Thanks Britmum - TBH I think it is definately habit with me, plus the fact that as soon as I go on a diet food is all I think about - plus I do love my food, so it makes me think im hungry (more in my head I think), but I do need the structure of a diet like this otherwise I pretend im being good when deep down i know im not!!
I have started a food diary and i wil be very honest so hopefully if i am eating/snacking too much somebody will let me know!

I have just switched from weight watchers to slimming world so im going to give myself 2 weeks before I weigh in so i can give my body time to adjust.
xx

Back