Free food

I think it's a little misleading to say you can eat unlimited free food, but I feel it's liberating to hear that at the same time. It works for me (when I'm actually sticking to it!) because I don't worry about weighing (I even eat Weetabix so I don't have to weigh it!) and measuring or running out of 'calories' by 4pm, but, like most of us, I don't use it as an excuse to binge just because I can.

The example we were given years ago was always, "You can eat a whole chicken and still lose weight", so the more sensible amongst us think, 'Oh, excellent, no weighing, I can just eat chicken', then eat a chicken breast as part of our (balanced) meal, whereas some people will take it as a challenge and attempt to eat the entire chicken!

I think common sense is essential. x

I think for the most ppl sw free food has a self limiting feature, I personally couldn't eat a whole dry chicken is choke I love my sw meals but there's none yet I feel I need or want to stuff my face on. Those that I could are syns or hex so there a limit and if you eat more of it you can't have other syns that day.

I don't have a huge apetite but there is only so much free food that you can eat surely no one can stomach gallons of muller light.

from fat to skinny jeans only 48lb to go

I think for the most ppl sw free food has a self limiting feature, I personally couldn't eat a whole dry chicken is choke I love my sw meals but there's none yet I feel I need or want to stuff my face on. Those that I could are syns or hex so there a limit and if you eat more of it you can't have other syns that day.

I don't have a huge apetite but there is only so much free food that you can eat surely no one can stomach gallons of muller light.

Exactly, I can binge all day on crisps but not many of us (although I know some people would and it's not just a self control issue, but those aside) could just sit and eat plates full of rice either, by the very nature of 'free' food it's generally not something we tend to binge on.

But I think some things are in that grey area, like bananas, some people do eat a lot of bananas when they're unlimited. x

Last edited:
I think the key is to know your limits. Your body will tell you when you are comfortably full and there is no reason to eat to the point of feeling like you will explode - although Ive done that a few times! Also my old consultant used to really encourage us to know the difference between syn free foods and FREE foods, which really helped :)

I think the key is to know your limits. Your body will tell you when you are comfortably full and there is no reason to eat to the point of feeling like you will explode - although Ive done that a few times! Also my old consultant used to really encourage us to know the difference between syn free foods and FREE foods, which really helped :)

I think a way to limit yourself is to say you can have a portion of a dish made of free food, so curry, spaghetti Bol etc.
If you then want to eat more you should have it as its natural food I bet ppl soon wouldn't sit and eat plain boiled pasta, plain steamed chicken, dry noodles, dry jacket spud. If at point thet began to feel full and shoukd stop tge food was taken and replaced as plain seperate ingrediants how many ppl would keep eating? Problem ( and its a good thing if you don't over eat ) is last few yrs In My eyes sw and the forum members have got good at making very yummy dishes.

Just like the tweaks which are food abuse it's becoming easier to over eat The base free foods.

I don't think Jodie was calling her an idiot to be nasty just frustration over bad advice.

Consultants are only people but they also take quite a bit of money off the members in exchange for them teaching them the plan.

There's a fine line on sw between enjoying the plan and never being hungry and just eating and not loosing weight. To loose weight you need to cut back, make changes and try hard. It's not a miracle cure it is for all intense and purposes a weight loss aid and for that you can't just eat regardless.

-claps- xxx

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.''

I've been thinking of the unlimited thing as similar to the unlimited texts on my mobile phone contract...it's unlimited subject to a fair usage policy. So yes, I can have as much free food as I want, as long as its within a reasonably ordinary amount. My appetite is huge but even I couldn't eat 25 potatoes a day, especially if I was eating the guideline 1/3 superfree (which is there to control your portions as well) too.

This is a brilliant way of looking at it, unlimited (within reason)

Back