free of low syns puds

mommyB

love it
I appologise if this has already been covered but if it has i cant find it

I'm getting a bit bored of mullerlites,sugar free jelly or fruit for afters, can any of you SW experts give me any new ideas?

thanks

Jane why not make yourself a rice pudding using your milk as a healthy A that would be free on a green day

if you use that one milk its quite nice
add some nutmeg

(I dont really do sweet things so that is all I can come up with at present)

I love my SW rice pudding with some RF jam on top and it makes for a great breakfast as well, topped with strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. I'm a bit stingy with the milk though and either make it half water/half milk, or just with water and a vanilla yoghurt.

Or what about a meringue nest filled with quark mixed with a white choc options, and topped with strawberries?

Make up a jelly and set in the fridge, cut it up into chunks and put in the bottom of a nice glass or bowl, add some cut up fruit, soft fruits, apple etc, VLF fromage frais with a touch of sweetener in it, some more fruit, mullerlight yogurt whatever flavour takes your fancy, a bit more fruit..top wit a bit of squirty cream and a wee bit of grated chocolate or a crunched up digestive.....Very low in syns and a lovely layered pudd

I experiment with different flavours all the time....

Tiramisu is another low syn pudd only 4 syns..and rather scrummy.
I try to stick to puddings that are 5 syns or below...Sometimes though I do go upto 8 if I haven't had any other syns in the day.
I do have a recipe for syn free lemon curd...I think I found it on here..If you can't find it let me know and I'll post it on here

Hil

I really get bored of 'substitute' food that is pretending to be normal but not- I would much rather have a little of the real thing as it is much more satisfying.

I personally love Mr Kipling french fancies- they are 5.5 syns each and I have 2 for a real treat. A Krispy Kreme donut is 11 if I feel like a change.

The exception is Stacy's lemon cake, which tastes 'normal' and is only 14 syns for the whole thing- in the recipe section if you fancy it
x

I love a quick cheesecake, which I make by mixing a dollop of Quark, another of yoghurt, sometimes fromage frais then sweetner to taste, & add either vanilla, strawberry, lemon, or half an Options (whatever flavour you fancy, white choc is fab!), but you can flavour with whatever you like. Makes enough for 2 decent size ramekins. Then I either crumble half a digestive on top for an "upside down" cheesecake, or a squirt of aerosol cream, for real indulgence. Result is very creamy & quite rich. YUM!

I'm a bit strange, but i love rice (normal or pudding) cooked in the usual way. Either when it is hot or cold. Put it in a boul and cover it with yougurt (i use muller lights). this way i have my own muller rice or rice pudding depending on what muller i have.

Give it a go, you will be suprised.

Im afraid i'd rather have the real thing too, trying 'substitute' desserts only makes me crave the real thing!

mm. good bit of choc cheesecake, think its about 20 syns, fresh made from morrisons bakery, 1 slice. Its so choc and rich, puts my cravings to rest for the whole week. sometimes two..

Back