Original FREE RED DAY LUNCHES ANYONE??

Victoria_30

Hi All,

I've just joined this site today and joined SW 05/01/10. So far I've had a loss of 4.5lb which I'm more that happy with as I'd like to lost just over a stone.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if there are any free ready meals you know of for an original day. I cook fresh 95% of the time making SW shepherds pie's and curry's etc but sometimes when I'm working, I really struggle with lunches when on a Red. I do take left overs from the night before but my evenings are quite busy and I struggle to find time to cook everynight.

I would really appreciate it if you could suggest ready meals for Asda, Morrison's, Co-Op or Sainsbury's!

Thanks!! :)

I don't do ready meals but I am mostly a red girl and 4 lunch I tend to take 4 x Ryvitas (HEX B) with 5 x Laughing Cow Light (Hex A) and a packet of cooked ham and loads of fruit to pick on through the day. When time allows I make a soup (making sure it's red friendly) or cook up a whole chicken and use the breast meat in a salad/pitta etc. HTH? x

Not sure about the ready meal thing but this might be nice if you have time to cook it.

Im about to make a batch of roasted pepper and tomatoe soup.

Roast peppers, tomatoes, garlic, onion and herbs (oregano) in a lil fry lite. Once done peel off the skins and take out the seeds. Put all ingreedients in a pan with either chicken or vege stock and simmer for 40 mins. When done blend and serve:) (if you like it real smooth i suggest you sieve)

You can add a lil lowfat creme friesh [sp] if you like.

I'm bound to have some left over roast meat today, i'll prolly take some in to work tomorrow to bulk out the soup instead of bread.

Thanks guys! I don't normally eat "ding meals" I suppose it was a time thing but looking at your responses, I think I'll make the effort because it all sounds delish - V x

I too struggle with this,I go to uni in the evenings which is an hour long journey away,and I don't get home til about 9pm! Theres a waitrose near my uni where I usually pick up a look what we found meal (Welcome to Look What We Found!) think they do them in sainsburys and tesco too.Some of them are higher in syns,but most are 1-3.Not much in them but if you add lots of vegetables or salad they are enough :)

Hope this helps!

Back