FREE weigh in, BMI & body fat assessment in Boots til 5th May

Cherryade

Was just in Boots and they have made their weighing machine free until 5th May.

All part of this Alli slimming pill (orlistat/xenical) promotion. You dont need to buy anything just pop on the scales if you so wish. I assume its a national thing....

I was eager to see how my body fat % & weight was going and was delighted to have saved myself 70p lol (every little helps!).

It says its only for weight and not body fat but I pressed the extra option and it worked fine for me so worth a try!

Ohh this is handy to know!

Also look in your local independant chemists... some of these have the machines and don't charge people to use them. There is one near my work and before SW I used to WI on there.

I always wonder how the body fat bit works though... surely it can't work it out just by going on your hands around those handles?!

Ohh this is handy to know!

Also look in your local independant chemists... some of these have the machines and don't charge people to use them. There is one near my work and before SW I used to WI on there.

I always wonder how the body fat bit works though... surely it can't work it out just by going on your hands around those handles?!

It sends some kind of wave around your body through the skin contact, the fat in your body provides resistance, and voila, body fat measured.

It sends some kind of wave around your body through the skin contact, the fat in your body provides resistance, and voila, body fat measured.

You're kidding me right? Is that really how it works?!

evanesco is quite right, it is a pulse thingy (not very technical I'm afraid lol) that goes through your body. Good to know about Boots. I go every weekend and weigh at Boots (exactly the same as class scales weight wise) so that I know roughly what I am looking at for weigh in on Mondays. Yay, it will be free this week :)

Thanks for the tip, i'm going to try and avoid however incase I'm tempted for a mid-week weigh in

I did my free weigh in today! I like my weigh in before class, just so I know where I am-ish. Pleased with the resukt, however I won't spill the beans yet incase it shoudl drasticallly change!! :eek::eek: lol

K xx

Back