Free Yogurt

sammyzip50

Silver Member
What types of yogurts natural or fruit flavours are free? Any particular % of fat free?

Thanks

Sammy

Sammy this will be moved to the syn section soon, you'll get a better response there, any queries about free/synned foods need to be in the sub forums :)

There is a sticky thread for this in the syn values section. All the info is there x

I'd recommend a read through that sticky or a search before going off the list on the first page though as some of them are out of date, ie the onken fat free are no longer free, the strawberry one is 5.5 syns for the 450g pot, mango and apple 8 syns and vanilla 5 syns.

Greek style muller lights are gorgeous and are half a syn.

The weight watchers are free except the layered fromage frais ones: raspberry, strawberry, apricot, all berry fruits 0.5 syn, blackberry 1.5 syns, peach 1syn.

Shape delights 0% are free except strawberry, apple crumble and rhubarb crumble 0.5syn each. greek style are 3syns each.

i have activia fat free vanilla.. there complety free :) also a good tip is if you empty a pot into a tub and freeze it but every now and then mix it with a fork to stop it freezing solid its just like ice cream.. and still free! xx

Can you eat your red food alone and not always with superfree foods? I am thinking of having yogurt as an afternoon snack for example or will have to make sure I have it with some fruit?

Fat free yoghurt is free on both original and green as well as extra easy. If you are on original or green you can eat it without any superfree but I think with extra easy you'd have to put 1/3 fruit or veg with it. You only have to put 1/3 superfree with free foods on extra easy.

Thanks for that but am I right in thinking that mostly with the main meals on red or green days you should eat 1/3 super free foods to make up your meals?

Sammy

Can you eat your red food alone and not always with superfree foods? I am thinking of having yogurt as an afternoon snack for example or will have to make sure I have it with some fruit?

The point in the Superfree is to get you to eat *less* of the stuff that is "only" Free (or synned), as both are a lot higher in calories than superfree stuff where calories are relatively negligible.

So theres no point eating fruit as well as the yoghurt just for the sake of getting the superfree in - the idea is to reach for superfree as your first choice for a snack and then if you're still hungry you can have something else as well, but try to fill up on superfree first. This doesnt mean you cant have your yoghurt though, its still much better than reaching for sweets or whatever :) The idea is just to try and use superfree instead at least some of the time.

On Red and Green the Superfree rule is less strict (as you're already limiting either meat or carbs by having to syn/HEX them), but its still important.

Just thinking abut the yogurt as I don't have access to the ones you mention. I think I have seen Muller yogurts over here but not fat free. Is there a formula on how they determine which ones are free on the plans?

Also what about syns and it is not on the list?

Thanks

No sorry, if they are not listed then the only way is to put the nutritional info through the syn calculator and you need to be a member to do that.

Back