Freezing Chocolate Velvet blocks

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by justjane, 3 May 2008 Social URL.

1. justjane

justjane Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Got a family get together tonight and wanted to have something other than just a glass of shake - I think I saw somewhere that you can freeze the blocks and they are like icecream. Do you just put it in the freezer unopened? how long does it take to freeze?

Thanks

Jane

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Yes you just put them in straight in the box, you need to leave them approx 4 hours. They are lovely, I might have one myself tonight :)

4. GaynorEm

GaynorEm Proper Little Madam

Diet:
    HealthyEating
    Oooo fab idea...I might get the O/H to pop one in the fridge for me for tea as a treat when I ge in from work.
    You're stars ladies.

5. justjane

justjane Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks - block now in freezer - how exciting - Icecream for my tea :):):):):)

6. Springador

Springador Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Dont forget to give it a good shake before you put it in, its tastes much nicer and is a more even taste. I usually leave 45mins once out before I eat it, its seems just the right texture.

7. trinakmh

trinakmh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks for the idea Jane......lol....Just popped one in the freezer for later too x

8. cherylxx

cherylxx Silver Member

Diet:
    CD sole source
    if any of u have a kids lolly maker the choc tetra make great mini milk style lollies, just perfect for days like this. u get 3-4 lollies from one tetra so u can space them out through the day. yummy

9. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    No I dont have one but I would love one I want to make lollies out of the water flavourings

Any idea where to start looking for one?

10. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

so that's why sometimes mine are perfect texture and sometimes they are all crystally!

11. cherylxx

cherylxx Silver Member

Diet:
    CD sole source
    hi hedgehog,
    i found mine a few weeks ago in my local poundstore. makes 6 lollies, i usually make 4 tetra lollies and then use sunshine orange flavoured water to make 2 orange lollies.
    u can also get the lolly makers from kleeneze and betterware catalogues but they are much cheaper if u check ur local bargain store/pound store.
    if u have no luck finding one, let me know. i could always get u one and send it to u. :)
    cherylxx

12. justjane

justjane Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Yummy yummy just had my icecream - all the family had to have a try!! Loved it - got a banana one in for tomorrow :)

Thanks everyone

13. shinyhappyperson

shinyhappyperson Silver Member

I have made ice-cubes - about 10 from one tetra - and if in need of a little chocolate treat, they are fab. Use the rubbery ice-cube trays, as the rigid ones are a nightmare to get out.

I bought some ice-lolly makers last week - also thinking of making coke-zero lollies for the summer. Friends suggested adding vodka to them, but I'm not sure they will freeze ;) and I'll end up with slush puppies!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.