Freezing Mousse

lunar jim

Gold Member
Is it ok to properly freeze a shake made with mixamousse? How long is ideal, I wouldn't want to have to get the chisels out lol

Why not just freeze the shake without the mixamousse, once it is frozen there wouldn't be any difference anyway I wouldn't have thought. Bubbles seem to disappear in mousse once it is frozen....

As Greeneyes said......and I really wouldn't recommend freezing the mousses as I did that by accident by leaving it too long in the freezer to set and it wasn't very nice, went very crystalised and watery. Some people freeze tetras, I havn't tried that yet. xx

am i being dead thick is there not a 15min rule on shakes?

hey jim...here's what I do (illegal or not!!) I have this as a fourth meal so don't worry too much re nutrition. I put 200ml of water in a jug and chuck oin the freezer for 5 mins or so...so its icy cold but not forming crystals yet. Then I mix the meal/mousse powder in a bowl thoroughly. Remove the jug and blend all together then throw it back in the freezer for another 5 to 10 mins. Check on it - if its v woobly needs a bit longer - if no movement at all and crystals forming - about right or almost too long! Hope this helps x

Back