Freezing SF chips

CornishPisky

I posted this as a answer to a thread but thought this might be useful here. I have found you can do a bulk lot of SF chips & freeze them, then just cook straight from freezer. After the par boiling & shake, spread them onto a tray, cool, then open freeze. Then bag 'em up! Easy, & just take out what you want when you want. They still cook in around 30 mins in a hot oven.

thats a very good idea,
open freeze you lay them out on a tray or sheet in the freezer until frozen that way they dont stick together in one lump

Hi Missy Missy SF chips are great they are sin free chips on a green day you can eat loads of them you cut the potatoes ( i leave the skin on) into chips par boil for a few minutes let then drain then spray with spray lite and bake in the oven until crispy great with eggs and beans on a green day a great sin free meal also with the sin free curry sauce yum

Also you could weigh them out into bags of 227g for on RED days (would need to weigh them out pre-boiling though I assume).

Jill

You could do the potatoes into wedges in exactly the same way. But you can also par cook the chips/ wedges in the microwave for 7-8 mins instead of par boiling them.

I am bumping this one (I am going over old recipes for inspiration) - do you think you could just peel the tats, cut them, then freeze them without par boiling? Only that is how I do my SW chips, I never par boil (due to the fact that I like to create minimum washing up!)

Back