Syn free chips

Melissablowes

Hello ladies
I've recently started slimming world and have heard nothing but syn free chips. Well I did them a few days ago and par boiled then sticking the on oven using spray light. Im currently microwaving chopped potatoes and will again oven then to see if they come out any better.

Do you lovely lot have any other ways you do them or coat them in anything to give them a different taste

Thanks lovelies x

Depending on what way I cut them up.
Chips- I par boil for like 6 mins then drain them off and sprinkle with salt and spray with frylight. Cook until Browning and flip them over. Then a few mins before they are done I put some vinegar on them.
Another way I leave off the vinegar and put peri peri seasoning or any seasoning depending on what I plan on having them with
Crisps- I slice up really thinly parboil then soak in vinegar for a few mins before I bake and sprinkle over sea salt.
Or I use paprika

Hope that's some help

I don't think I could have got this far without the syn free chips! They are a god send! I make mine in the Actifry I don't bother with par boiling before hand. I usually season with Tesco Chip Seasoning or Hot Paprika 2 mins before the end of the cooking time. I also do the same when making butternut squash chips.

I have also made a salted chilli chips. When the chips are almost ready I stir fry chestnut mushrooms, onions, mixed peppers and Chillies in a frying pan and add salt, pepper and Schwarz Season All, then toss the chips in at the end to coat them in the flavours. It is gorg!

I love sw chips! they defiantly are a god send. I sometimes sprinkle paprika over mine x

Back