Freezing Veg and Herbs

vicky1804

Hello
First off, if this in the wrong place im sorry. I really wasnt sure where to put it.
My partner doesnt eat a lot of veg whereas I do. I dont buy alot in because I usually cant eat it before it goes off, so I feel im losing out.
My question is if I went bulk shopping for veg are there any veg which could not be frozen for use at a later date?
Im thinking of buying in different veggies, slicing, dicing etc and freezing so I can de frost and use when I want.

Also can I freeze fresh herbs?

Thanks alot

Vicky

It might be, il have to take a proper look and see what I can find. I know I can onions,carrots,peas etc
I take it the herbs dont need to be blanched?
Thanks

My friend (an older batchelor) told me that the easiest way to do veg for one (which is more or less what you're doing) is to cook enough for 4 days. When cooled just pop days 2, 3 & 4 in the fridge. It keeps really well, so all you have to do is warm it up in the microwave.

It does mean you end up eating the same type of veg for 3 or 4 days, but it is more practical. I tend to do only 3 days worth though.

frozen veg available includes ( but is probably not limited to ) :-

cauliflower
cabbage ( savoy at least )
carrots
peas
brocolli
sprouts
parsnips ( though they tend to be pre-roasted )
onion
etc

you can get frozen "fresh" herbs etc from sainburys at least ( and most likely the other main supermarkets.. )

Back