Frequently asked syn values! Pasta 'n' Sauce? - find it here!

I thought the C&B would be about 2 syns but if you work it out as cooked weight made to packet instructions it comes to 10 syns a packet :eek:

This has been bugging me so I sat and tried to work it out. I worked out the syns for the milk and butter that would be factored in to the cooking instructions and deducted these syns from the total. I do make it as 2 syns for the pack if using milk as HEXA and not using the butter. Phew....10 syns was worrying me!

Last edited:
I love these!

Had no idea that they were free or asda had started stocking the mushroom and wine one again, love adding quorn pieces to it to make it chicken and mushroom flavour.... guess where I'm going today... :D

Yes, it is 2.5 syns per cooked 100g, if made to the packet instructions. So this factors in your milk and butter. The problem with C&B pasta n sauces is that they only provide cooked nutritional info so it is hard to work out the dried syn value like a Batchelor's one. But I worked it out from cooked weight, deducting the syn values for the milk which I would count as a HEXA and then the butter which I never use, and it came to 2 syns for the pack.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that its weighs 400g cooked.I only use just water for them, i love the pasta in 5 range, do you no the syn value for them please..

Westworld,
I am not on SW online otherwise I would look them up for you. I only know the C&B Macaroni Cheese one as I worked it out. If you make up one pack using just water it should be 2 syns for the pack. Not sure about the other varieties though.

I take it that you make these with just water and leave out the butter and milk yes? :0)

I have the cheese and broccoli packet and I thought that this made up with water only wouldn't be very nice, but I was pleasantly surprised and wouldn't have noticed it had no milk in it - big portion too if you have the whole packet! :)

I hope so, I intend to have this tomorrow on my EE day.

What a life line you've given me in the book it says 2 1/2 sinns per hundred grams, was gutted, but now feel this could be doable!Thankyou

Back