Frequently asked syn values! Pasta 'n' Sauce? - find it here!

We touched on this recently at class, as we were discussing the Marshall's Cheesy Pasta.
Pasta 'n' Sauces are still free/low syn at the moment, but should they resubmit them for re-synning (if there's a pack size/ingredients change) then they are going to be synned, as they will now HAVE to be synned as made according to pack instructions (inc the milk & butter).
Hi, so in theory would they still be unofficially free do you think if I made them with just water?

I'm also new to SW, thank you for this post. I was looking for ideas for store cupboard food, for those days when I really cannot be bothered to cook, and I think getting in a few of these will save me from ringing for a takeaway!

Hey peeps just wanted to make sure ive got this right, you can still make these up with the milk and it will have the same syn value as long as the milk is part of your healthy extra

Yes that is right, but most of them are just as good when you use water. I think the cheesy ones benefit from the milk though.

...I make them with water and if I want a bit more 'creaminess' I stir in a dollop of FF at the end :)

I had a Batchelors Pasta n sauce last night as was peckish in the evening and was all fruited out. It was delicious - tomato herb and onion..... and I had to share it with my mum and brother!
I've just had my first ever "Mugshots" - I had the Sweet and Sour... was very wary about Mugshots as I had read a couple of really bad write ups..... but it was also lovely! And syn free !

Me likes Sw :0)

Oh wow, the Cheese Leek & Ham are technically synned!? I've always lived off those in the past on SW believing them to be free! x

You learn something new every day. Ah well, shall have to start synning them. At least they're very low...! x

Thanks for posting. These will be brilliant to have in the cupboard for a quick and easy meal when I haven't been organised. Thanks for posting.

How come Super Noodles are so high (3.5 syns)? :confused:

Great post... Just need to pick which one to have tomorrow now!
:) xo

i absolutely love the fact that these are low synned, or no syns at all!! i think they are scrummy and i dont notice the difference making it with water either....i thought i would be disappointed! doesnt feel like i am dieting at all!

Are these really free?

How can these be free - sounds too good to be true? Am a newbie at SW, are there any other amazing things that are free that I should know about??

Because the main ingredient is pasta, which is a free food on SW as it fills you up longer in relation to its calorie content than other foods. There are lots of syn free foods on SW - your best bet is to go to class and a branded free foods book which lists them all. Also check out the magazine which give updates on new products, and go browsing on here. There are stickies at the top of the page with low syn treats and ready meals on them.

Back