Frequently asked syn values! Pasta 'n' Sauce? - find it here!

I just want to share my yummy creation from lunchtime!

If anyone else struggles to get in superfree food without eating salad with every meal, this should help a little.

Today I made tomato, onion and herb pasta 'n' sauce for lunch. Firstly, I added some (a lot of) garlic powder (I love garlic, what can i say?). I think it tastes as good as garlic and herb but syn free this way. Then about 2 mins before the end of cooking, I put in quite a lot of frozen sweetcorn. It bulked it out loads and made the pasta huge, but also tastes really good, goes with the sauce nicely and means I've eaten vegetables yay!

This will be a permanent addition to my pasta 'n' sauce habits, substituting sweetcorn for broccoli/peas sometimes depending on flavour I'm making. I am so impressed at the lack of extra effort I had to put in to get some veg :)

Last edited:
Entropy said:
I just want to share my yummy creation from lunchtime!

If anyone else struggles to get in superfree food without eating salad with every meal, this should help a little.

Today I made tomato, onion and herb pasta 'n' sauce for lunch. Firstly, I added some (a lot of) garlic powder (I love garlic, what can i say?). I think it tastes as good as garlic and herb but syn free this way. Then about 2 mins before the end of cooking, I put in quite a lot of frozen sweetcorn. It bulked it out loads and made the pasta huge, but also tastes really good, goes with the sauce nicely and means I've eaten vegetables yay!

This will be a permanent addition to my pasta 'n' sauce habits, substituting sweetcorn for broccoli/peas sometimes depending on flavour I'm making. I am so impressed at the lack of extra effort I had to put in to get some veg :)

I read some where that peas and sweet corn aren't super free :-(

Just wondering if the syn values on this thread are still correct as posted in 2010...
Does anyone know how many in the Bachelors Creamy Carbonara? It says 1/2 at the beginning of this thread...is this true?
Thanks x

Without butter and milk x

I know I should really look properly but meh, if I dont put the milk in do I have to add the same amount of extra water? or just use the amount of water it says on the back?

----------------------------------------------Extra Easy --------------- Green
All made without milk and butter

Chicken and Mushroom ........................... F .......................... F
Tomato, Onion and Herb ...........................F ...........................F
Cheese - Leek - Ham ...............................1 ........................... 1
Macaroni Cheese .......................................1 1/2 ................... 1 1/2
Cheese and Broccoli .................................. F ..........................F

WHOLEGRAIN ONES
Mediterranean Tomato and Veg ................1 ...........................1
Creamy Tomato and Basil .........................F ...........................F
Garlic and Herb .......................................1 ...........................1
Carbonara ..............................................1 1/2 ......................1 1/2

Last edited:
these are great if your in a rush or can't b bothered cooking!

I had chicken and mushroom one the other day with grated courgette added, it was great, added more flavour and some superfree! :)

20+ syns each on a red day Hun! :(
The tomato and chicken n mushroom ones are free on green n E/E days!

Their all on offer in Asda 50p each x

Is this up to date, as i just checked online and the cheese and broccoli is coming up as free on green and extra easy, that is without the milk and butter, but i use the milk as part of my daily allowance anyway?

The cheese n broccoli isn't free hun...it's 1/2 or 1 syn without milk n butter but obv more if you add them x

I've just checked SW online too and it's saying free but we were discussing it at class today and my advisor said it's synned!? Dunno what to think as normally the online is correct isn't it! X

Hello!!

Just wondering how people are working out the syns for things, is these a formula or is it some kind of converter on the website?

I’m doing SW from home as I'm a little strapped for cash at the mo to say the least so really hoping some kind soul would be willing to help me out??

Is my first week doing Slimming World and am absolutely loving it but will be faced with my first challenge tomorrow night as I’ll be eating out for the first time!! Will be eating at my usual haunt (it’s a Sizzling Pub) and have gotten quite comfortable with a particular meal since starting calorie counting in January. I’m hoping it would work pretty well with Slimming World too – BBQ smothered chicken, spicy rice, a corn on the cob and a huge side salad (gotta keep it 1/3 superfree!!!!!!). I’m on EE so chicken would be fine, bacon won’t have fat removed so would be synned bu the cheese I could keep for my HExA!?

I have the nutrional info and just hoping someone with a more trained eye than mine could have a quick look and have a guess at the syns???? Would really appreciate it so so much, thank you in advance!!! Xxxx

BBQ Smothered Chicken

Calories – 475
Total Fat – 21g
Sodium – 4mg
Total Carbs – 14g
Sugars – 11g
Protein – 56g

Spicy Rice

Calories – 166
Total Fat – 2.8g
Sodium – ?mg
Total Carbs – 31.5g
Sugars – 3.5g
Protein – 3.5g

Hi there, only certain cheese are classed as a HEx I am afraid so look these up in your books. I really dont know about guessing the syns, but a little suggestion would be perhaps to ask them for the bbq sauce to be put in a little sauce boat so you can add as much or little as you want. Do the same with the salad, ask for any dressing to be on the side so you can control how much you put on the salad, or you could ask for it without dressing. You could also cut the fat off the bacon if its easily visible. Hope this helps :)

Back