Fresh mackerel has made me think!!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi troops!
I've bought fresh mackerel fillets twice this week in an attempt to up my omega-3 intake and also because I've just realised what a cheap fish it is to buy!! However, when cooking it (panfrying with just a little Frylight) I noticed how oily it is! I realise it's the good stuff, and they say an essential part of our diet, but I find it interesting how it's a free food and that smoked mackerel and things like avacados which are also high in fat are really high in syns! Just a thought really! I've had a few fillets this week! I hope it doesn't harm my result at WI tomorrow!!X

Yes i can understand smoked mackerel being synned becasue of the drying process, it becomes lighter and therefore you could possibly eat more but I think that avocados should be a healthy extra. It is such a healthy nutritious food and delicious in salads or with prawns or even by itself . Salmon is another really oily fish but is free . . confused me I must admit !!

Do you know if the marinated fillets you can buy in tesco fish counter are free?

Everytime I cook mackerel Im shocked by the oil!

I know!! I don't feel so bad now though as I've had a lot of them this week and I lost 3lb so they can't be detrimental!!X

Back