Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Fresh mackerel has made me think!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by funcurls, 3 May 2010 Social URL.

1. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi troops!
    I've bought fresh mackerel fillets twice this week in an attempt to up my omega-3 intake and also because I've just realised what a cheap fish it is to buy!! However, when cooking it (panfrying with just a little Frylight) I noticed how oily it is! I realise it's the good stuff, and they say an essential part of our diet, but I find it interesting how it's a free food and that smoked mackerel and things like avacados which are also high in fat are really high in syns! Just a thought really! I've had a few fillets this week! I hope it doesn't harm my result at WI tomorrow!!X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes i can understand smoked mackerel being synned becasue of the drying process, it becomes lighter and therefore you could possibly eat more but I think that avocados should be a healthy extra. It is such a healthy nutritious food and delicious in salads or with prawns or even by itself . Salmon is another really oily fish but is free . . confused me I must admit !!

4. ninnins

ninnins SW ROCKS!

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9.5lb(30.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do you know if the marinated fillets you can buy in tesco fish counter are free?

Everytime I cook mackerel Im shocked by the oil!

5. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know!! I don't feel so bad now though as I've had a lot of them this week and I lost 3lb so they can't be detrimental!!X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.