Fresh start

michelleon22

Hello all, i will be officially restarting on slim and save tomorrow for around the 3rd time! I've been on slimming world for the past 5 weeks and have managed to lose 14lbs and managed to lose a bit more before then by calorie counting but I found that I'm not feeling as motivated as the losses aren't as big as when I've been on a vlcd! Anyway I was wondering how people manage to cope when being invited for a night out as this is when I always manage to give up as I feel left out if I don't go out :( x

Hi, I'm only on day 2 of this so can't really advise re nite out but when I did Cambridge before I found it easy because u just know u have to say no to everything I was gd where as when I've done Slimming World b4 because I knew I cld have a certain amount of treats a week I'd end up having whatever I wanted on a nite out & saying it wld b within my allowance which of course it never was! Good luck on ur journey. X

Maybe try being the designated driver if you drive? I think I'll do that or just be anti social for a few months lol

Thanks for the replies I didn't start on thurday in the end as my sister wanted to go out on Friday lol.. This has now resulted in me not following any plan for the pad few days so after another failed attempt I'm going to stick to slimming world :( they may be really small losses but I guess it's a lot better than staying the same weight. Hope you both get on better than I did :D x

Hi,

I just don't go out when I'm on plan, it's boring but I couldn't handle it.

Alcohol in ketosis is dangerous BUT more importantly to me (oddly) is that I don't want to ruin my plan for drinking. I'd rather stick to it, go out when I'm feeling slim and confident and enjoy it properly. Plus, sns coats so much and getting back into ketosis puts me off too!

HTH,

Kell

Thanks for the reply :) ive decided to give the plan one last go and just say no to every invitation like everyone else lol x

I go out fairly regularly and have managed to stay on plan 99% of the time. I order a large bottle of sparkling water and make that last all night. Ordering food can be tricky but most places are very accomodating. I will order something like a steak and ask for salad or extra vegetables instead of chips. Or grilled fish with veg. There is usually something you can have. You can't weigh it but as long as you steer clear of carbs it shouldn't cause you too many problems.

Luckily I don't get invited out for meals that often so that shouldn't be a problem, it's just the alcohol! I don't know how you can manage to go out and only drink water... Well done lol x

Back