Friday weighers

Whoops - half a pound on for me this week..........Ho-hum

Wow it looks as tho are quite a few good losses this week & hello to the newbies. I lost 3.5lbs this week, which was a surprise as I dont normally lose so much in the first week, but I have been exercising which really helps with my losses!
I went to Zumba for the first time last night & have never laughed so much....great fun & an excellent workout, as I was rather 'sweaty' by the end of it & I will be going back again. Mind you I did take it fairly easy as I didnt want any of the metal work in my neck popping out lol!!!!

Just a quick question.....what plans do you all follow?
The reason Im asking is, when I lost the 38lbs last year it took me 38 weeks to lose it & I didnt particularly stick to one plan throughout the week i.e monday red day, tuesday green day wednesday extra easy day.....looking back thru my diaries I never stuck to a red/green/extra easy for the whole week......could that be why I was a slowish loser, on average losing a pound a week, (I know thats what SW advocates tho)? This first week I stuck to Red all week & lost 3.5lbs, but it was my first week??!! Am doing Red again this week, so we shall see.....would be curious to see what you all do & what your losses are like...BLB I know you do green as you're a veggie.
Thanks
Kim x

Well done on fab loss Kim.

I aways used to do just red days, but I now do a mixture of red and green. I can't live with EE as I need my two HEXs!

I think it's quite personal really - I've seen massive losses on here from people who only do EE. But I must have to admit for me, I always have better losses on red days. I have had 3 roast dinners (I don't have roast potatoes) this week and a large loss - my OH thinks it's great!! He thinks we should start a 'roast dinner' diet!

Good job on the loss Kim :)

I do best on Red, but will have the occasional EE day if I want rice. For me the red days fit better with the kinds of things I like to eat. If I actually stuck to the plan 100% I bet it would be 2 pounds a week, but since I don't I'm usually a pound a week off...and totally okay with that :)

1.5 off for me this week :D Might have been more but yesterdays dinner is still sitting heavy in my tummy. I finally feel like I'm getting back into the swing of things after the Christmas break, and it's not a chore to eat properly and exercise.

Well done to everyone this week!

Ive only been doing slimming world since november but only done extra easy so far, Im on a slow loss though. Considering trying red and green though but not sure I could put together nice meals!?!

Ive only been doing slimming world since november but only done extra easy so far, Im on a slow loss though. Considering trying red and green though but not sure I could put together nice meals!?!

You can have almost the exact same meals as EE if you're willing to use a HexB. The other night we had steak, roast potatoes and sauteed veggies. I just had to measure my spuds before hand to see how many I could have...and it was a lot!

I know SW isn't about portion control, but I like how the Red (and Green) days limit the things that I would over-consume. Might not work for everyone, but I find it does for me.

Well done on the losses, ladies! Don't worry about the wee gain, Annya - you'll soon get it off again! And welcome, Melanie :)

I lost 6lbs this week! First week back on track after Christmas/New Year, and pretty pleased with that :D Still have 5.5 pounds to go to conquer my gain, but that's OK - I can do it!

Kim, I almost always do extra easy because I find it the most liveable plan. My losses were big initially (2-4 pounds a week) but now I average about a pound a week. I suspect that I would lose more if I did red full-time, but I feel more deprived on it so I only do it every now and then. I'm trying to get rid of my epic Xmas gain at the moment, so I'm doing a bit of experimenting - this week I did a calorie counted week, next week will be red, and then the week after success express.

Thanks for all your replies ladies & interesting to see what plans you all do. Even tho I said I would alternate the weeks, Im sticking to Red again, more out of curiosity to see if I lose a lot again next week. Im sure once Im back at work, I will be doing all 3 plans throughout the week, as it all does rather depend on what shift Im working, but we shall see.

Well done to all the losers this week, hello Melanie & its only a poxy 0.5 lbs Annya!

WI a day late - lost 2lbs but I'm not sure if this is a bit of dehydration....I was sick in the night, only once but I think it may have made a difference. Feeling exhausted today, not sure if I've picked up a bug but I could not sleep after properly, my back is killing too :-(

Enough about me, well done everyone on the great losses! Xxx

WI a day late - lost 2lbs but I'm not sure if this is a bit of dehydration....I was sick in the night, only once but I think it may have made a difference. Feeling exhausted today, not sure if I've picked up a bug but I could not sleep after properly, my back is killing too :-(

Enough about me, well done everyone on the great losses! Xxx

Hi BLB

Mmm.......sounds as if you may gave a bit of gastric flu/gastro-enteritis,food poisoning! Have you been any where dodgy lately or been with anyone thats had similar symptoms? Drink plenty of liquids & put a hot pack on your back. Hope you feel better soon x

Get well soon, B's lovely lady!

Thanks ladies, just had couple hrs sleep and feeling bit better! I've been in bed for 18 hours, really must try get up soon, maybe have a bath! Ive only been to America this week, but back and forth twice, can you get physically sick from exhaustion?? Maybe it's that x

well I have weighed myself, and I have lost 2lbs!

Really pleased, as I've found it hard this week; my body got too used to Chocolate crisps and wine over Christmas, methinks!!

well done to everyone else for great losses!!

Clara xxxx

Thanks ladies, just had couple hrs sleep and feeling bit better! I've been in bed for 18 hours, really must try get up soon, maybe have a bath! Ive only been to America this week, but back and forth twice, can you get physically sick from exhaustion?? Maybe it's that x

Maybe you ate something that was a little bit 'off' & its turned your tummy! Im a Nurse who works silly hours with shifts so know what its like to be exhausted, so just take it easy for a bit & Im sure you will be OK. Take care x

kim63 said:
Maybe you ate something that was a little bit 'off' & its turned your tummy! Im a Nurse who works silly hours with shifts so know what its like to be exhausted, so just take it easy for a bit & Im sure you will be OK. Take care x

Probably ...Thanks xx

STS for me :) Dont think i can get away with off plan treats anymore! Though that hasn't stopped me lol! Back on it today and hoping for a really good week to shift this last 2lb!!!!! Upping the exercise at the mo too. Some truly fab losses this week everyone, well done :)
Good luck for next week xxx

chun-ky said:
STS for me :) Dont think i can get away with off plan treats anymore! Though that hasn't stopped me lol! Back on it today and hoping for a really good week to shift this last 2lb!!!!! Upping the exercise at the mo too. Some truly fab losses this week everyone, well done :)
Good luck for next week xxx

Just think of it as practice for when the last 2 pounds are gone and you're maintaining :)

clarabella00 said:
well I have weighed myself, and I have lost 2lbs!

Really pleased, as I've found it hard this week; my body got too used to Chocolate crisps and wine over Christmas, methinks!!

well done to everyone else for great losses!!

Clara xxxx

Good job on the loss!

Back