Friday weighers

Well it looks as tho that 'weightloss fairy' has certainly sprinkled her 'fairy dust' far & wide today....well done to us all!!!

At long last after 4 months & 4 months of water retention!!!!, my * week finally arrived last Saturday (good job we're all girls together here!) & I've lost 5lbs!!!!!!!!!! I had to get on & off the scales 3 times to actually believe the numbers & it just goes to show girls that when we get a STS or gain, its that darn water retention & to just ignore it & carry on. I knew it was but still felt very disheartened, but carried on with the plan 100% regardless & its paid off! I never wanted to give up as I knew what the reason was but after those shocking few weeks, it was pretty tough!

Good luck to the rest who need to weigh, but its certainly a good week all round so far!

Can I please join too? Iv just restarted slimming world, i lost a stone at first but have put 5lbs of that back on and so Im starting again, along with the c25k programme, running a 5k in the summer so need to start training! anyway just to ask to join and i will update you all next week!
Hope everyone has a good week xx

Can I please join too? Iv just restarted slimming world, i lost a stone at first but have put 5lbs of that back on and so Im starting again, along with the c25k programme, running a 5k in the summer so need to start training! anyway just to ask to join and i will update you all next week!
Hope everyone has a good week xx

Welcome to the Friday Weighers Anahita, lets hope the 'weightloss fairy' is good to you as well, as she's been a very good 'fairy' this week lol!

Good God woman you're a 48 year old professional nurse & Im talking utter nonsense about fairies, so please excuse the random madness everyone!!!

kim63 said:
Well it looks as tho that 'weightloss fairy' has certainly sprinkled her 'fairy dust' far & wide today....well done to us all!!!

At long last after 4 months & 4 months of water retention!!!!, my * week finally arrived last Saturday (good job we're all girls together here!) & I've lost 5lbs!!!!!!!!!! I had to get on & off the scales 3 times to actually believe the numbers & it just goes to show girls that when we get a STS or gain, its that darn water retention & to just ignore it & carry on. I knew it was but still felt very disheartened, but carried on with the plan 100% regardless & its paid off! I never wanted to give up as I knew what the reason was but after those shocking few weeks, it was pretty tough!

Good luck to the rest who need to weigh, but its certainly a good week all round so far!

Brilliant loss Kim!!! Thank you for your weightloss fairy dust!!! Xx

1.5lb loss for me. Also my Star week so hoping i will have a GREAT week next week. But a loss is a loss, 0.5lb, 5lb or 50lb..... its all good so long as we get there :) -x-

5lbs is amazing ! great stuff :D

I pound up for me...boo...I had another weekend that went completely off-track. Will try to do much much better this week :)

Try not to fret too much as its always hard when 'life gets in the way'! You're quite near to target & have a very healthy BMI, so its always that bit harder to shift the last bit :)

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Its the first time I've ever lost that much in one week, but know its mainly water. On average Im losing 1.5lbs per week which is about right for me, so long may it continue. Trouble is Im getting to that inbetweenie stage where my size 12 jeans are a bit baggy......hubby told me I looked like a bag lady!!!.....& my 10's are a wee bit on the tight side & look a bit obscene!!! But Im sure I can put up with looking like a bag lady for a while longer lol!

Try not to fret too much as its always hard when 'life gets in the way'! You're quite near to target & have a very healthy BMI, so its always that bit harder to shift the last bit :)

It's totally true! This last bit has been one step forward two steps back. Of course, eating properly for more than half the week and doing some exercise will probably help me out a little too :)

STS this week. Need to start really trying again. Losing motivation! Wish i wasn't such a whimp and could go to a SW class! I need someone to keep me on track!
Good luck for this week eveyone xx

STS this week. Need to start really trying again. Losing motivation! Wish i wasn't such a whimp and could go to a SW class! I need someone to keep me on track!
Good luck for this week eveyone xx

Hi Chun-ky
STS is fantastic, especially if you have lost some of the motivation. Why dont you basically start from scratch, read the books again, read the threads on here & remember that feeling of losing weight. It is so hard especially as you are so near to target, but the last thing you want to do is end up on that slippery slope to weight gain after all your effort to lose.
I dont go to class, but what is stopping you going to a class? Do you need a class when you're so near to target or are you wanting to lower it? Increase your exercise/start a new exercise, try new recipe's.......most importantly, DONT GIVE UP! :break_diet:

hello, well done everyone, i went and joined on friday and am enjoying the diet so far, missing the wine though i have to say! i did have some at the weekend but counted it in my syn value so fingers crossed all good, i feel good and looking forward to my first weigh in this friday ..... the other half and the kids are eating better too which is good, have a good week all xx

hello, well done everyone, i went and joined on friday and am enjoying the diet so far, missing the wine though i have to say! i did have some at the weekend but counted it in my syn value so fingers crossed all good, i feel good and looking forward to my first weigh in this friday ..... the other half and the kids are eating better too which is good, have a good week all xx

Welcome Elfie
Glad you're enjoying this 'new way of eating' & the family are benefitting as well. On the wine front, I avoid it now as have no will power & wouldnt stick within my syns! We have had 2 nights out since New Years Eve & on the last one I had 6 glasses of wine & dont remember going to bed.....Im a lightweight now, so for health reasons its a no no!!!
Be careful coz your tolerance for the 'devil juice' will go down & you'll end up like me....was once a legendary drinker.....that person is gone lol!!!!!

Hi Chun-ky
STS is fantastic, especially if you have lost some of the motivation. Why dont you basically start from scratch, read the books again, read the threads on here & remember that feeling of losing weight. It is so hard especially as you are so near to target, but the last thing you want to do is end up on that slippery slope to weight gain after all your effort to lose.
I dont go to class, but what is stopping you going to a class? Do you need a class when you're so near to target or are you wanting to lower it? Increase your exercise/start a new exercise, try new recipe's.......most importantly, DONT GIVE UP! :break_diet:

Thanks for the reply :) I do want to lower my target but maintaining feels like a struggle at the moment. I know a class would help keep me on track but i really cant make it to one right now. 1 reason is because i am terrified of going on my own! Really silly i know but i cant get over it! Another is the kids, taking the two little ones with me would be a nightmare!
I have been reading through my books again and started cooking new things.. It just doesn't stop the cravings! I dont think anything will lol. People telling me i look good makes me wanna eat junk too!! How backwards is that! It should make me more determined but it doesn't! Im still exercising daily, mainy walking as its so easy to fit in with the babies! Should get back into zumba on the wii but been going to bed at 8.30 most nights to stop myself raiding the cupboards ha ha :eek: I wont ever ever give up!! I love SW and it works perfectly :) Maybe i just need my taste buds lazered off so naughty food wont temp me so much :rolleyes: xx

Back