Friday weighers

Can I please join in with the Friday weigh ins. I am living overseas and could do with some support and encouragement with the weight loss, which has started this week. All be it that Valentines day is putting a spanner in the works1 But have a SW quiche cooking in the oven so right back on track tomorrow.

Welcome IWBT......where are you? There are quite a few on here from overseas & you will find this site invaluable.
Why do you need to get right back on track tomorrow if you have a SW quiche in the oven?

Hi all! Please can I join your group! Did slimming world last year and reached my club 10 then left group and lost more weight just exercising and eating healthily! Felt great! Over Xmas I put on a
Half stone so stupidly decided to do slimfast in Jan as a quick fix! Worst idea ever! Lost weight very quickly then one weekend couldn't follow the plan due to staying with a sickly relative in hospital so ate normally not excessively though and the weight went straight back on and more! Couldn't believe it felt cheated! So have resigned myself to the fact that slimming world is the way and been back at it a few days now and feeling good! So sticking with slimming world til I hit target and weighing in on here!
Sorry to waffle on just need to get all off my chest so I can start afresh!
X

nibblynoush said:
Hi all! Please can I join your group! Did slimming world last year and reached my club 10 then left group and lost more weight just exercising and eating healthily! Felt great! Over Xmas I put on a
Half stone so stupidly decided to do slimfast in Jan as a quick fix! Worst idea ever! Lost weight very quickly then one weekend couldn't follow the plan due to staying with a sickly relative in hospital so ate normally not excessively though and the weight went straight back on and more! Couldn't believe it felt cheated! So have resigned myself to the fact that slimming world is the way and been back at it a few days now and feeling good! So sticking with slimming world til I hit target and weighing in on here!
Sorry to waffle on just need to get all off my chest so I can start afresh!
X

Of course! Welcome and good luck!! X

Well 1lb gain for me this week, so I'm happy with that after my disaster week :) so during 22 weeks of pregnancy in all it's a total gain of 11lb in 22 weeks but only a 1lb gain in 12 weeks. (I had lost 5lb in total during this and put it back on last couple weeks) so going to try better next week x

Good Morning and Good Luck to all Friday Weighers!

I am really pleased as lost 3lb this week taking me to my first stone :D

Good morning. I am officially a Friday weigher. But I did weigh yest as I was going out last night and off plan for the night. And I lost 3lbs.wooohooooo.xx

Hey all. Well done to everyone so far today.

I'm sts this week, which is deserved. Eaten out twice thanks to someone giving us free groupon vouchers... I can't turn down free food!

Hello there, well done to all so far this morn, this is my first weigh in today since being back on sw so was nervous but no need as i lost 5lbs!! So glad To be back on Sw!
This takes me back to my starting weight when I decided to do slimfast! Where I lost 3 lbs then gained 8lbs!! Nightmare!!

Well, Im well & truely hacked off this morning as Ive gained 0.5lbs! I cant seem to understand what is going on with the last 3 weeks as I have been on plan 100%. Its not as if I dont understand SW as I lost 38lbs last year (put it on post surgery!).......grrrrrrr!
I know that I need exercise & Im limited in what I can do at the moment, but I walk every day & have started to 'Shred'. The only other 2 causes which could be the reason.....I haven't had a * week for 4 months & am retaining fluid as my fingers are puffy sometimes, so I've started taking herbal remedies....not a lot else I can do there tho (age!!!!!!!!) Im also still on strong painkillers & unfortunately their side effects are weight gain.....but if I wasnt following SW Id probably be huge!
Anyways, enough of me feeling sorry for myself as I know there is nothing worse than reading peoples 'pity' stories, there's not a huge amount I can do about it all apart from carry on following the plan as I have been, try & wean off these horrible drugs & do as much exercise as Im physically able to & neck allows!
If anyone has any bright ideas they will be greatly received & good luck today to all you Friday Weighers x

5lb off for me this week. Chuffed is an understatement :)

(maybe it was 3miles i walked to group this morning that helped :p )

-x-

I walk every day & have started to 'Shred'. x

Kim, I gained weight too the last time I did the shred - I've never found it great for weightloss, just for muscle definition and inch-loss. Try not to let it depress you too much (easier said than done, I know!)

Hello, everyone! I haven't been on this thread for a while... Finding it hard to get my mojo back, and I've definitely gained weight. Need to actually weigh in tonight and face my gain! Then I can get back on track :) I reckon I've put about 3 or 4lbs on in the last fortnight, whoops :rolleyes: Oh well - life sometimes gets in the way, what you can you do! :D

Hello, everyone! I haven't been on this thread for a while... Finding it hard to get my mojo back, and I've definitely gained weight. Need to actually weigh in tonight and face my gain! Then I can get back on track :) I reckon I've put about 3 or 4lbs on in the last fortnight, whoops :rolleyes: Oh well - life sometimes gets in the way, what you can you do! :D

I hear ya on trying to get the mojo back. It's been really hard since Christmas. But good job on weighing in :)

Well, Im well & truely hacked off this morning as Ive gained 0.5lbs! I cant seem to understand what is going on with the last 3 weeks as I have been on plan 100%. Its not as if I dont understand SW as I lost 38lbs last year (put it on post surgery!).......grrrrrrr!
I know that I need exercise & Im limited in what I can do at the moment, but I walk every day & have started to 'Shred'. The only other 2 causes which could be the reason.....I haven't had a * week for 4 months & am retaining fluid as my fingers are puffy sometimes, so I've started taking herbal remedies....not a lot else I can do there tho (age!!!!!!!!) Im also still on strong painkillers & unfortunately their side effects are weight gain.....but if I wasnt following SW Id probably be huge!
Anyways, enough of me feeling sorry for myself as I know there is nothing worse than reading peoples 'pity' stories, there's not a huge amount I can do about it all apart from carry on following the plan as I have been, try & wean off these horrible drugs & do as much exercise as Im physically able to & neck allows!
If anyone has any bright ideas they will be greatly received & good luck today to all you Friday Weighers x

That sucks :(

For fluid retention I've found that herbal teas really help. Peppermint, green tea, and hibiscus all help to flush the system out. There's probably more too, but those are the ones that I have here.

Down 1lb for me and quite pleased at it :)

We have a "pay for unhealthy food/drink" jar at the house now. It started as a joke, but it's really helped me think about what I'm eating and drinking. I think it could also work as a syn tracker for people who are "hands on"...and you can buy a treat when the jar is full!

That sucks :(

For fluid retention I've found that herbal teas really help. Peppermint, green tea, and hibiscus all help to flush the system out. There's probably more too, but those are the ones that I have here.

Thanks for that.....I have some green tea so will give that a go as not keen on the peppermint

:cry: +3!!!!
Really really badddd week! Lots of family get togethers and my lil ones 1st birthday. Its all my fault as i have used it as an excuse to eat eat eat! And still have 2 more bad food days to go! Inlaws coming over tomorrow for lil un's second birthday party! Then a roast at mums on sunday for my sisters birthday...

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH

Having the kids off school hasn't helped either as ive given in to buying popcorn and ice cream, and obviously ate some too!!! I will not give up!!!! The next two days may be a little off but will try my very best, and from monday there are no excuses!!!!!!!

Well done for this week everyone and good luck for next week xxx

I beat you, chun-ky - 3.5 on for me!

I think I'll aim to STS next week (have lots of meals out) and then time to get down to some serious hard work! I WILL get to target, blast it! :D

I weighed in this morning at the Chemist, At 24stone, but I weight 2lbs heavier at home...next friday will be a home weigh in, lets hope for a loss for all!

a pound gained here too ...with three days/nights in london Im not suprised but I'm still disappointed. really tearful this last two days too, probably PMT ..not helping ! :-(

Back