Friday weighers

STS for me - which I'm really happy with as I was completely off plan last week on holiday. I did pull it back this week though and had plenty of body magic during my holiday so obviously no damage is good news :)

Congratulations on your STS

STS for me - which I'm really happy with as I was completely off plan last week on holiday. I did pull it back this week though and had plenty of body magic during my holiday so obviously no damage is good news :)

I'd say thats a really good result Mandy. It must have been great to enjoy your holiday, eat off plan but not suffer the consequences at this weeks weigh in. That's a real achievement, that I hope to be able to do next holiday (prob not till next year lol). ie to be normal :rolleyes:

Thanks Jo - It sounds as though your scales are playing similar games to my old ones - you'll have a good loss next week x

I hate scales lol but think I'm going to just wait a while before getting weighed next week to get more accurate reading. I went on again after my breakfast and had only gained 1/2lb so I think the 2nd weight was the right one but like I said not starting those games I'm using the one it read first even if it does mean I'm 1lb heavier. It will be off next week so who cares lol.

I hate scales lol but think I'm going to just wait a while before getting weighed next week to get more accurate reading. I went on again after my breakfast and had only gained 1/2lb so I think the 2nd weight was the right one but like I said not starting those games I'm using the one it read first even if it does mean I'm 1lb heavier. It will be off next week so who cares lol.

Are they digital scales? On a firm surface? My old scales would show different every time you stood on them but I have to say my newer ones can't be persuaded to show a lighter weight - even if you stand on one foot, right on the edge, holding your breath lol, yes I've tried it hehe. If they ARE digital scales, make sure they have a decent battery in too, or that can cause them to fluctuate a bit.
Its all just figures on a readout though. How you feel and just knowing that you are sticking to the plan is what makes the difference. I'd say, looking at your photos there IS a difference and not just in the side on ones. Your body magic will start to show as well, so its great motivation to have those photos and look back on them over the coming months. Its easy to not notice the smaller changes ourselves but looking back at photos and also keeping a set of bigger clothes, and also something that we can't *quite* fit into, is a good reminder of how well we're doing. :)

Are they digital scales? On a firm surface? My old scales would show different every time you stood on them but I have to say my newer ones can't be persuaded to show a lighter weight - even if you stand on one foot, right on the edge, holding your breath lol, yes I've tried it hehe. If they ARE digital scales, make sure they have a decent battery in too, or that can cause them to fluctuate a bit.
Its all just figures on a readout though. How you feel and just knowing that you are sticking to the plan is what makes the difference.

They're digital, on a wood surface and I have them in the same spot every week, also they're brand new so batteries should be fine. Not complaining because if I take the first weight it showed and the 2nd one was correct I have a guaranteed 1lb loss next week lol.

I'd say, looking at your photos there IS a difference and not just in the side on ones. Your body magic will start to show as well, so its great motivation to have those photos and look back on them over the coming months. Its easy to not notice the smaller changes ourselves but looking back at photos and also keeping a set of bigger clothes, and also something that we can't *quite* fit into, is a good reminder of how well we're doing. :)

I'm supposed to be going to buy an outfit in my target size to hang up as inspiration courtesy of my Mum lol just haven't got there yet and I will be holding onto some clothes but at the moment I'm just fitting back into my old clothes again. The black shirt I'm wearing in the 2nd photo is a size 24 and the green shirt in the last one is a size 20 so something's happening I just don't see it yet but you're your worst critic so I may not see the difference until 5st in whereas others are noticing now someone commented on my loss last week at my daughters birthday party and she had no idea I was on SW so that's a positive lol.

I'm supposed to be going to buy an outfit in my target size to hang up as inspiration courtesy of my Mum lol just haven't got there yet

Hmm, could you maybe swap getting a more expensive whole outfit for some smaller, cheaper items in each clothing size down? I find smaller targets give me much more incentive. Don't take this the wrong way but it is going to take a while to get to your target weight, so fitting in to that outfit might seem daunting, whereas something in the next size down you'd probably be able to squeeze into but not feel comfortable actually wearing - but won't be too long before you can. Does that make sense? I firmly believe in rewarding ourselves for targets met, so smaller targets - more rewards = more motivation! :)

Hmm, could you maybe swap getting a more expensive whole outfit for some smaller, cheaper items in each clothing size down? I find smaller targets give me much more incentive. Don't take this the wrong way but it is going to take a while to get to your target weight, so fitting in to that outfit might seem daunting, whereas something in the next size down you'd probably be able to squeeze into but not feel comfortable actually wearing - but won't be too long before you can. Does that make sense? I firmly believe in rewarding ourselves for targets met, so smaller targets - more rewards = more motivation! :)

I totally get what you're saying and I did consider buying jeans because I personally believe they are the least forgiving of all clothes so to me if you're in a size 14 jean then you're a small 14 lol. It's worth thinking about...I might go and see what size jean I can fit in, in a shop but not buy them...as I don't intend being in them very long...and getting next size down and just continue to do that each time I move down a size by the next size down. And I have rewards in place for losing stones. 1 stone was a cross trainer, 2 stone was some bookcases for my DVDs which are still boxed up from moving nearly 4 months ago and 3st will be a food processor I had one but it got lost in transit when we moved into our last house and never replaced it but I want to make some soups from new cookbook I've ordered and most of them say now blitz in food processor lol. So come on 3st lol. I have those all the way to target and they vary from clothes to zip lining to alton towers etc...just things I can't do right now because of my size. I don't have any other rewards in place though maybe I should lol...I deserve to be spoilt lol.

You *definitely* deserve to be rewarded and I'm not just saying that, I firmly believe it. From my heaviest to my target is about five and a half stone and to begin with it seems almost impossible but reading other people's diaries and seeing their stats you begin to realise that it IS achievable. You seem to be a very determined person and to set yourself realistic, attainable goals, shorter term targets, really makes your (our) journey/s seem less daunting. You will also soon have a nice line of lovely colourful awards in your sig, I bet. :)
Oh and I both agree and with your comment about jeans, they are one of the least forgiving items of clothing! I can get my size 14s on and done up but really can't sit down for long in them without going blue in the face lol. I have a pair of black jeans in size 12 in the back of the wardrobe and if ever I can get into them comfortably, THEN I'll be really happy. For now, I prefer to be comfortable so don't often wear jeans at all lol. :eek:

You *definitely* deserve to be rewarded and I'm not just saying that, I firmly believe it. From my heaviest to my target is about five and a half stone and to begin with it seems almost impossible but reading other people's diaries and seeing their stats you begin to realise that it IS achievable. You seem to be a very determined person and to set yourself realistic, attainable goals, shorter term targets, really makes your (our) journey/s seem less daunting. You will also soon have a nice line of lovely colourful awards in your sig, I bet. :)
Oh and I both agree and with your comment about jeans, they are one of the least forgiving items of clothing! I can get my size 14s on and done up but really can't sit down for long in them without going blue in the face lol. I have a pair of black jeans in size 12 in the back of the wardrobe and if ever I can get into them comfortably, THEN I'll be really happy. For now, I prefer to be comfortable so don't often wear jeans at all lol. :eek:

I'll have to think up some more rewards? Maybe 1/2 stone rewards? Club 10 reward (she says as she's so close to it lol).

LMAO about the jeans we've all been there. When I was on WWs I got down to 15.3 from 18+ and my jean size was an 16/18 by then OMG did I cling onto those jeans right up to the point where I used a coat hanger to zip them up I was not ready to go back up in size but I did and then some. I now wear Evans elasticated jeggings...but the dream is to wear size 14/16 hipster jeans I say hipster as I have always had big hips so if I can get hipsters on then I've really accomplished something. I think I'm going to steer clear of Evans though as I think they're very unforgiving with sizes I am always 2 sizes bigger in there than any other shop my wardrobe varies from 18-26 stupid shops. I might try a different big girl range lol. I will let you all know when I have a pair of next size down jeans. Going clothes shopping tomorrow to get Darcy a coat ready for school (17 Days and counting).

2.5lb off for me this week. SOTW again, Yay. Hopefully will see 12 something on the scales next WI. :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

2.5lb off for me this week. SOTW again, Yay. Hopefully will see 12 something on the scales next WI. :thumbup:

Congrats on your loss

A little help please: I have found doner kebab recipe on here from the fakeaways book and I'd like to try it but it says WW Pitta Bread, I can't find it anywhere so I'm wondering if I can substitute it for tescos own pitta and if it will still count as HEX B? It does say 60g of any wholemeal bread on website so I'm assuming that includes pittas but just thought I'd check as I need to be really good this week.

Well done Chipsticks! Great loss :)

Back