• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Fried Eggs?? Lets Discuss

jaylou

Gold Member
I think this is because the fat isn't really absorbed into the egg, unlike a lovely fried mushroom which soaks it all up! If you put a tbsp of oil in a pan to fry an egg and measured most of it afterwards, I doubt much would have been used up.

Same goes for fish from the chippy, it's free if you take the batter off....

Foxy1509

I do mine with fry light (very low heat for what seems like forever!!!).... doesn't that make them syn free??

Lianna

Silver Member
Yes they are free when done with fry light, but i got one from work canteen not bad half a syn for a fried egg :)

chillihot

I spray with sprylight, put in the egg, turn down the heat a little, then cover the frying pan with a saucepan lid. This seems to then cook the top so its not 'snotty'. Works everytime :0)

Juliewoo

Yes, my frylight fried eggs aren't quite right, so I always poach mine. I have chickens so I always have super fresh eggs & can just drop them into boiling water for perfect eggs :D

fancy some now LOL

xxxxxxx

HellieCopter

Gold Member
Ooh I hate a snotty egg! LOL! I always do mine on both sides.

Honeyoc

Is a crunchy mama!
It helps to have a great non stick pan, my fried eggs come out perfect everytime. I use cooks essentials pans from QVC!

roochie

turn the heat right down you have your pan too high as its cooking the bottom before the top. Sometimes if i have the pan too hot take it off the heat and you'll find the egg will still cook.

jo1

Silver Member
My sister 'frys' hers in boiling water!! I know I know, thats what I thought but she tells me it works....I have yet to try it tho!! :eek:

franbob

snotty egg?