Fried Eggs?? Lets Discuss

My sister 'frys' hers in boiling water!! I know I know, thats what I thought but she tells me it works....I have yet to try it tho!! :eek:
Thats how I do mine too. They are poached but looks like a fried egg and perfect every time. Just an inch of water in the frying pan

I've never had any issues with frying eggs using fry light! Its always worked for me! I turn my over if I want them cooked all the way through (like for a sandwich), but when having a fry up I like dipping my chips in the yolk, so i turn them over once ive turned the heat off, so it "seals" the top because I dont like the look of it lol then i can cut it open myself :)

I use a non-stick frying pan, fry light and then when the bottom is pretty much cooked, i cover the pan with a round metal baking tray for minute or so..come out perfect!

I spray my pan with fry light crack the egg, season well, add a splash of boiling water and cover the egg with a lid, the yolk stays nice and runny but no snot!

Simple solution, Buy a really good non stick pan and fry without oil or fry light, just make shure you use a wooden spatula so as not to damage the non stick, Syn free fried egg....;)

But poached eggs are far nicer, Pot of boilling water, 2 Tbsp of white wine vinneger, Crack egg and drop in slow and easy no need for whirlpool, perfect poached egg.

I spray my pan (its an omelette/ pancake pan) with fry light and get the pan fairly hot. My eggs never stick and i can manage to turn them over for a couple of seconds just to "cook" the top of the yolk which prevents them being snotty ha ha brilliant

I do the lid thing - the steam created takes care of the top of the egg - no more snot - but a nice runny yolk - something to dip your syn free chips into!!!!!!

I break the egg into a bowl and put a plate over it and bung it in the microwave for 60-90 seconds. If you experiment and get the time right the yolk will still be runny - cook for longer if you want it solid.

Back