Friends were so mean to me :(

The very fact that your 'friend' had to go change her clothes shows how threatened she felt by your stunning new look. You should be well pleased with yourself that you had this effect on her.

I do feel for you though, you were looking forward to showing off your stunning new figure and they blanked it, but Charley this speaks volumes about what effect you had on them.

Hold your head high, you are the true winner and you have them on the run! Enjoy that feeling :)

hello charley,
am so sorry to hear about your friends attitude to your fantastic achievment and can I just say you look absolutely amazing keep your chin up

"....i was going to eat 10 cream cakes and that would be stupid new me new friends :) ....."

No, no, no, no, no! Cream cakes are NOT your friends any more, Charley;). Try the human variety.

If sugary foods are what you turn to when stressed or upset, please, please be very wary about letting them back into your life once you are back onto food again.

Good luck!

its true they are and will stay enermys to me , plus my "mate" would probably like that it was scary how those old feelings came back, but i can handle it now ( i hope)thanks :) xxx

This happened to me to charley, last year, i didnt go out for 8 weeks, lost two stone on lipotrim.. went out, a few friends commented nicely, a few friends almost sneered at me.. avoided me all night, and one even acted like i was trying to steal her man when we were merely talking, she came over gave me an evil look and said to her fella 'its time to ffin go'!!! I have three kids and am happily with my partner for years lol.. funnily enough this girl was overweight... dont let them get you down, jealousy is the worst emotion anyone can display, and shows a true weak character and an unhappiness in themselves... you go girl, you look fab, you are inspiring and i am sure you are the same lovely person, just a big bit slimmer!!!!xxx

aint they nasty!!! its funny how differentthe world looks form aslimmer angle! you look fabulous and yes i am same person just happier coz finally i feel like i wanted to feel for years funny though i still think big insdie till i see a mirror ...lol its great you too are a inspiration and keepme going :) x x

Lynn, PinkyJay, Pesty, Banafell,Hastalavegan, MsJmc, Great thing, Lisa, D, Sumayyah, Amanda Jayne, Tasha2000, Guys you have sooo helped me and thank you very much you guys are great and are better friends than the one i had but fromthe bottom of my heart thanks for comments which were all spot on i feel so much better today went swimming last night woke u positive ...the journey continues :) x x xx x

Friends are like melons; shall I tell you why? To find one good you must one hundred try. -- Claude Mermet

Keep feeling the Melons hehe

Friends are like melons; shall I tell you why? To find one good you must one hundred try. -- Claude Mermet

Keep feeling the Melons hehe

lol.... like it xx

I can`t really add to what has been said as everyone has been right in what they`ve said already.

You have achieved amazing weight loss and should be proud. Well done for staying away from the cakes, You are an inspiration to the rest of us still on our journey x

*Just remembered, I recently went to a friends bday party where another ^friend told me I wasn`t allowed to lose anymore weight cos then I`d be like her?????? She was rather drunk so I think she said what she was thinking whereas sober she would have just thought it LOL x

Last edited:
People don't always like change and the fact that they see your weight loss as a threat to either themselves or their men or whatever shows that, despite appearing to be a friend, they must have viewed your weight quite negatively. A true friend would be out there celebrating your loss and being proud for you. Looks like you've seen their true colours and that's hard for you given you thought their friendship was genuine..

Someone told me once there are 3 types of friends - friends for a reason, friends for a season and friends for life. You'll make new friends - get out there and take up some great new hobbies - play hockey or join an art class or something, friendships develop slowly but suddenly you'll have a whole new circle of friends who like you for YOU and that's what matters!

8 stone is amazing, well well done you!

one word .......... jealous ;)

Back