From 14 stone to 13 stone

Congrats Lolly! Superb Loss.
I hope to see you in the 13 - 12's soon!

2lb off for me this week! Down to 14.1lbs :) only 2lb away from the next stone bracket and getting my 1 and a half stone award! Going to work hard to get there, really looking forward to seeing 13 in front!

Stick to it and I'm sure that 2lb will be off in no time Paul. It is a great feeling getting your stone award.
My initial target is 11st but I will have to see how I feel as I go and adjust my target accordingly. I believe to have a healthy bmi I would have to be below 10 and a half stone.
I'll just see how it goes really. I've never been 'small' so I'm unsure of what weight I'll be happy at if that makes sense.
I'm sure with perseverance and determination it won't take you long to get to your target :)

1lb off for me yesterday. I am now at 14st, only 1 more pound till I'm in the next stone bracket and I get my 1 and a half stone award!

Sorry I never posted last week I was very frustrated as I STS after being sooo good. Anyway back on track today lost 4 and a half lb and got slimmer of the week again!
So that's 17lb in 5 weeks and I'm a third of the way to target...

That's happened to me before Paul, St's after great week but I fight that you always have a great loss the week after if you stick at it and you did and had a fab loss! Well done for getting slimmer of the week and being third of the way to target.
I've got so far to target that I try not to think of it, just lots of mini goals to ticket.

Unfortunately my STS last week (after I had had an absolute 100% week) threw me right off track and I gained 3lbs this week. Desperately in need of something to kick start me as the last 2 days have been beyond awful too.

Now 14st 8.5lbs :(

Last edited:
Hey all - I never officially graduated to this group but I've been in the 14s for a few weeks now. Feeling like I'm in a little plateau at the moment but am hoping my weight loss will take off again soon. 14st 6lbs as of last Tuesday but am not expecting much from tonight's weigh in.

Stick with it Louise, try your best not to think of it as all or nothing. If you have a blip, get back on the horse and plod on. I am in a totally different mindset this time round. I too am looking at mini goals Bernie. I've just thrown out a load of clothes that are ones I kept when I'm carrying too much weight. My wife said to keep hold of them in case you put weight back on. That made me more determined to get rid of them. Also when I first went to slimming world we went together. She heard me say what I wanted my target weight to be and laughed. I can't blame her the amount of times I've said I'm on a diet and failed lol. This again is motivation. I'm totally in the zone at the minute and focuses. The main difference this time is I've got fully stuck into making proper dishes. In the past I've tried Slimming world and expected to lose weight eating pasta and sauce and Muller light yoghurt so. I grew to hate them and it made me give up. The other important thing is I have stopped drinking alcohol as my will power is destroyed and I eat crap for several days afterwards. I live on Peppermint tea from Aldi so I'm drinking plenty of fluids as well. I will hopefully lose 2lb this week to take me into the 13 stone bracket...all keep your chins up....no matter how many we have!

Thanks @Paul8 . I managed a good day yesterday but am constantly berating myself for overeating - the narrative that runs in my mind is just not nice. A couple of years ago I was totally in the zone, found Mimimins and lost 4 stone to reach target for the first time ever. Managed to stay there for just under a year and then something just clicked (the wrong way) and I am now back right where I started. This then feeds the unhealthy mental narrative and the cycle just keeps on going.

Someone on another thread told me I could do it if I wanted it enough. I know they meant well but that, again, just makes me feel worse about myself. I HATE being fat but can't stop the unhealthy eating habits I have that keep me here.

Sorry for the rant but am feeling pretty sh!**y about myself at the moment.

That's cool Louise, feel free to get things off your chest, it does you good to get things out. I too have been stuck in a vicious circle. Mine was more of habit than anything else and it was causing my weight to stay on. Mine was with alcohol. I always saw it was a reward for a hard week at work or if the football was on tv I'd grab a few beers. Few glasses of wine making dinner. This wasn't the problem....the problem was the Chinese food, chocolate, and all the other crap I ate afterwards! I've started to think seriously about my health and instead of ignoring medical advice rammed down our throats I have started to take it onboard. My dad has been diagnosed with 4 different cancers and he got his first one at my age (44). This gave me the kick up the bum I needed. It's still only 5 weeks for me but I feel sooo focused. I want to be healthy in retirement placing golf, lots of cycling and walking. I think first you have to find your reason for being overweight and work out the solution in your own mind. How good did you feel when you were 4 stone lighter? It does give you more energy...you can do this again but maybe have a think further down the line what you could introduce into your life to maintain things, a new hobbie maybe, new job, only you will know this. Don't think you can't have the foods you enjoy eat her, just do it in moderation as we all like our food! Try to keep your chin up and gave a good think about why you put on the weight, be positive and move forward. You know you can do this as you have done it before..

I lost 1.5lbs last night so am now 14s 4.5lbs. Hoping to graduate into the next thread in 3 weeks (I'm weighing in next week then having a week off from the scales).

I put my weight on in my late teens/early twenties from alcohol and all the crap food that went with it and that fed my hangovers.. then I just kept binging on my favourite hangover food even if I hadn't been out drinking.. eek.. I have had to cut all that stuff out completely as I know I would just have a big binge if I let it back in. I do still try to treat myself with other things though. We all need to feel like we're not depriving ourselves, you can't stick to it long term otherwise, I think. I avoid my trigger foods but everything else is fair game (in moderation, of course ;) ).

Do you keep a food diary Louise? I find that super helpful but its not for everyone.. also, you mentioned having a good day, maybe try to capitalise on that and write down the things you did well at the end of the day so you can look back at it when you feel your willpower is low. Only write down good things though. You have to let go of the bad and give yourself a break. Losing weight is HARD!! If it was easy none of us would need slimming world xx

Omg a week last Friday I put 4lb on which took me to 15.2 and last Friday I lost 1.5 so I'm 15 stone and half lb
but don't kick me out just yet I intend to get back under on Friday..... This baby is messing me about but I'm gonna drink more water and eat more veg so I will do it.

Hey guys.
I hope your feeling a bit better now Louise, I know exactly how you feel with the bad eating habits, it's so hard sometimes but the worse thing to do is be horrible to yourself afterwards. As hard as it is we have to try and brush ourselves off and get back on the horse. We can't give up! As jilvis said loosing weight is definetly hard.
Well done jilvis on your loss!
You'll get it back off jojo! Goodluck on your weigh in tomorrow!
How are you getting on Paul?

So I lost 3lb today! :eek: taking me to 13st 11lb which got me my 1 and a half stone award and my club 10 award! So very happy but unfortuneatly I have to love and leave you all as I move down into the next group. You've been such a fab group though that I'm sad to leave, I'm sure I'll be back to check on you guys and I'm sure I'll be seeing you in the 13's to 12's soon Paul!

Hey guys.
I hope your feeling a bit better now Louise, I know exactly how you feel with the bad eating habits, it's so hard sometimes but the worse thing to do is be horrible to yourself afterwards. As hard as it is we have to try and brush ourselves off and get back on the horse. We can't give up! As jilvis said loosing weight is definetly hard.
Well done jilvis on your loss!
You'll get it back off jojo! Goodluck on your weigh in tomorrow!
How are you getting on Paul?

So I lost 3lb today! :eek: taking me to 13st 11lb which got me my 1 and a half stone award and my club 10 award! So very happy but unfortuneatly I have to love and leave you all as I move down into the next group. You've been such a fab group though that I'm sad to leave, I'm sure I'll be back to check on you guys and I'm sure I'll be seeing you in the 13's to 12's soon Paul!
Yay well done you have done amazing xx

Hi all,
I went off piste again. After Germany (the land of huge portions and chocolate desserts) I had a work trip to Paris. My god the cakes and bread were gorgeous and the inevitable happened. Dam you bite size fresh mini pain au chocolate.
So at the moment I have a work trip to Scotland booked in For April and I am home till then so no excuses. Took me a while to get about 6 lb off and now back at 14 and a half stone. Mini targets are the below 200 and then back to those smaller jeans then the 13 stone mark. I used to be restrained when I traveled with work and now I go a bit nuts. Need to kerb the holiday feeling when its not a holiday and stay on plan. I managed a trip to Sicily last year and got a loss that week so I know it can be done (especially if I can find activa 0% yogurts in the shops in these countries)

Back