From 17's to 16's

Minky - so nice of you to come back to us and wait for us!!! :)

All (myself included!) - Pep talk time... :whoopass:
I dont want to be overweight anymore, we all have our reasons for wanting to lose weight, to remind myself why I embarked on this journey, here are mine:

I have numbess in my hands and feet (not easy to work as I'm an engineer)
I have major problems getting clothes to fit as I'm 6'1", being a large size does not help this
I'm asthmatic and being overweight worsens this condition
My knees were trying to support over 10 stone each, now down to 8.5 stone each and the pain is improving, but I would like it to get even better
I want to be able to fit into a 'normal' wedding dress
I dont want to be that big jolly funny girl anymore - I'm NOT jolly and NOT happy - I take the mickey out of my self to cover up and hide the fact I am not comfortable.
I don't want to closly inspect friends garden chairs first before I sit on them to make sure they dont collapse
I don't want to get up from friends garden chairs with it still stuck to my fat a*** (Yes...this has happened on many occasions)
I could list quite a few others, but I don't want to bore you all to death. I am back on plan today after a very poor attempt at the weekend. I can put it behind me and move on.
I want you all there with me when I get to the 16s.... please!!!:asskick:

Last edited:
Sooooo pleased got slimmer of the week at my group tonight for losing 5 and a half lbs, and got my half stone award ?

I know I've got a bloody long way to go but it feels good to be back into it, and long may it last!!!

Although I did celebrate with half a bag of chip shop chips - with beans - no yummy pie :(

Onwards & downwards..........

Minky - so nice of you to come back to us and wait for us!!! :)

All (myself included!) - Pep talk time... :whoopass:
I dont want to be overweight anymore, we all have our reasons for wanting to lose weight, to remind myself why I embarked on this journey, here are mine:

I have numbess in my hands and feet (not easy to work as I'm an engineer)
I have major problems getting clothes to fit as I'm 6'1", being a large size does not help this
I'm asthmatic and being overweight worsens this condition
My knees were trying to support over 10 stone each, now down to 8.5 stone each and the pain is improving, but I would like it to get even better
I want to be able to fit into a 'normal' wedding dress
I dont want to be that big jolly funny girl anymore - I'm NOT jolly and NOT happy - I take the mickey out of my self to cover up and hide the fact I am not comfortable.
I don't want to closly inspect friends garden chairs first before I sit on them to make sure they dont collapse
I don't want to get up from friends garden chairs with it still stuck to my fat a*** (Yes...this has happened on many occasions)
I could list quite a few others, but I don't want to bore you all to death. I am back on plan today after a very poor attempt at the weekend. I can put it behind me and move on.
I want you all there with me when I get to the 16s.... please!!!:asskick:

I can certainly relate to a lot of this - thanks for the pep talk.

gained 2 lbs - need to draw myself a line and get over it !!!! x

well done for going shiny, now you know what you are dealing with and move forward. I hate the not knowing.

Sooooo pleased got slimmer of the week at my group tonight for losing 5 and a half lbs, and got my half stone award ?

I know I've got a bloody long way to go but it feels good to be back into it, and long may it last!!!

Although I did celebrate with half a bag of chip shop chips - with beans - no yummy pie :(

well done on the loss and sotw :D

I'm feeling much more positive today - don't know what was wrong with me yesterday but today is another day and I'm raring to go!

Congrats wannabe!!! :)

Try again... Just posted this in 18's to 17's, must be having a senior moment!:eek:

Had a nightmare last night. :sigh:

Attack of the muchies!

Ended up raiding the cupboards, thankfully I was sensible enough to attack several opened jars of pickles :eek: Namely beetroot, onions, mixed veg and red cabbage, then for good measure syn'd 4 cream crackers.

Bloody annoying! Not sure what the trigger was either? Last week no trace of them , then this week .........

:)o Yes I did just cut and paste it into this thread)

I know it was syn free-ish (not mentioning the cream crackers), it's more the fact that I had the munchies in the first place, can be a dangerous place to get to!

I agree about munchies leading us to dangerous places. Glad you managed to keep yours to mostly syn free.

I had 2 packets of ryvita minis last night - still within syn allowance buy why the night before wi? Only reason is because I had bought 2 different flavours :8855:

Congrats Wannabe, nice steady loss there and hope you enjoyed your treat after!
Arctic - I should have taken a leaf out of your book when it came to the munchies at the weekend! All the right stuff so wouldn't worry too much. Just remember when you get a bout of the munchies again to reach for the Free/S.Free :)
Shiny - just to echo Vicki, hope you are feeling better and congrats on only a small gain. When you're sick its one of those things. You will lose that in no time.

I am still on the road to redemption after my "binge" at the weekend.
Been prepared for food this week so hoping that will take a bit of the blow away but doubting it very much. Expecting at least a 5-7 lb gain :cry:, which should be a huge disappointment but to be fair, it was the tail end of my annual leave and had I gone away on holiday no one would have batted an eyelid (maybe :rolleyes:)

Currently on a bit of a tight budget too so finding it hard to plan meals that dont cost too much. So far this week dinners have been :
Beef Ragu/Mincey thing with herby mash
Spiced Carrot and Parsnip soup
Tonight home made spicy beef burgers with salad and wedges

My lunches are left overs from the night before so although yummy, kinda like, eurgh, again!? :p

Any one got hints/tips/lifesaving comfort meals that are easy?
Hope everyones week is going well so far!
Minky xx
P.S Sorry for the mega post!

Any one got hints/tips/lifesaving comfort meals that are easy?
Hope everyones week is going well so far!
Minky xx

Cheers Minky,

As for tips, well soups are normally cheap to make, and can go for miles. Or batch cook stuff then freeze what you don't need straight away.

We have seriously been looking at food budget too Minky - we do seem to have a lot of chicken too - can stretch it quite far but it does get a bit samey!

veggie soup is a favourite for me but as I'm the only one who'll eat it I tend to use this at lunchtimes.

Well it's my weekly weigh in this evening. But it's also what they call a star week so I will have to see how I have done. I know I am getting thinner because I managed to fit into a top I brought 3 months ago that hasn't fitted until now. I even have a little bit of room to spare. The gym work outs seem to be doing something bcause I managed 28 mins on the cross trainer today and then a 2km uphill walk on the treadmill. Thank you Bron by the way for your words of encouragement regarding it all. I just need to get back into the right frame of mind and not look down on myself.

Well I've had a bit of a struggle tonight, and that is an understatement! Why is it always the night before WI?

Tomorrow night we have Xmas tasting in group, so I came up with the idea for turkey samosa's. They are now sat on the side in the kitchen calling... no screaming at me to be eaten :eek:

The filling is EE syn free. The filo pastry is 40 syns for the whole packet. I made 16, which by my maths put them at 2.5 each! I'm only on 7.5 syns for today, yes that's the 3 I've had to try, just to make sure I'm not going to poison anyone. :eek: :D

Back