From 17's to 16's

The thought of jogging sends shivers down my spine !! Love swimming and do 50 lengths in 50 mins... But running no thank you !! Maybe once I've lost more weight I might try it..

Well don't know if this is just me... But for the last few weeks I've hardly lost any weight but I think I've not been eating enough.. So this week I decided to eat more food.. It sounds bizarre.. But already in only 3days I've lost 2lbs already.. This is More than I've done in the past 3weeks. Does anyone else find that if they don't eat enough they don't lose weight or is it just me ??

Just -0.5 for me this week.....I hope our 'copying' habit has stopped and you do slightly better! Having said that, I was pretty happy with that after my 6 lb loss last week! Good luck! Slinky x

Nope, -0.5 for me as well this week slinky, although I am delighted with that as I had a bit of a blow out in Scotland, 2 chinese's, 1 Mexican and 1 lunch out since Thursday...I regret nothing! ;) 2.5lb to shift next week tho, we can do it :D

Nope, -0.5 for me as well this week slinky, although I am delighted with that as I had a bit of a blow out in Scotland, 2 chinese's, 1 Mexican and 1 lunch out since Thursday...I regret nothing! ;) 2.5lb to shift next week tho, we can do it :D

Ah well done, it is great that you still managed to lose despite having a lovely foody weekend!

I would love to see -5 next week to take me to -1stone, but I think that's a lot to ask, so will settle for -2.5 as that will take us down a stone bracket won't it. It's great to have these mini goals along the way, and it's actually really nice to have found someone who started at the same time with the same wieight (kinda odd how similar our losses have been though!)

This week I'm challenging myself to eat scan bran and drink 2l water a day. Im also starting each morning with warm lemon, ginger and manuka honey water, so hopefully these things will speed weight loss up.

Do you have a mini mins food diary?

Slinky

Ah well done, it is great that you still managed to lose despite having a lovely foody weekend! I would love to see -5 next week to take me to -1stone, but I think that's a lot to ask, so will settle for -2.5 as that will take us down a stone bracket won't it. It's great to have these mini goals along the way, and it's actually really nice to have found someone who started at the same time with the same wieight (kinda odd how similar our losses have been though!) This week I'm challenging myself to eat scan bran and drink 2l water a day. Im also starting each morning with warm lemon, ginger and manuka honey water, so hopefully these things will speed weight loss up. Do you have a mini mins food diary? Slinky

Good luck with -5, u can do it if u want to. And if not, aim for it, and you'll get better than u would have if u aimed for -1. I've been on sw since den and started out around 22st, but I agree, it's nice to have found someone at the same weight, at the same time. I caught myself in a shop yesterday buying lunch and oogling the baguettes and thought, 2.5lb or a baguette...plus slinky will outdo me ;)
I've never tried scan bran, let me know if it works, I'm trying the 2l of water as well thought. I've been doing it the last couple of weeks and aside from better weight losses, I feel less drowsy and headachey. I lived my life dehydrated...who knew?
I do have a food diary, although I'm awful at using it, as it seems to have degenerated into a weekly weigh in if I can be bothered. If u want to check it out, it should be here http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...no-longer-miss_taken-about-losing-weight.html
I think this week, I might go back on extra easy again, but with more of a limit on carbs as I think I was overdoing them. Good luck to both of us this week and u hope u get ur -5, or at least -2.5 to get us into the 16's ;)

Good luck with -5, u can do it if u want to. And if not, aim for it, and you'll get better than u would have if u aimed for -1. I've been on sw since den and started out around 22st, but I agree, it's nice to have found someone at the same weight, at the same time. I caught myself in a shop yesterday buying lunch and oogling the baguettes and thought, 2.5lb or a baguette...plus slinky will outdo me ;) I've never tried scan bran, let me know if it works, I'm trying the 2l of water as well thought. I've been doing it the last couple of weeks and aside from better weight losses, I feel less drowsy and headachey. I lived my life dehydrated...who knew? I do have a food diary, although I'm awful at using it, as it seems to have degenerated into a weekly weigh in if I can be bothered. If u want to check it out, it should be here http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/315643-no-longer-miss_taken-about-losing-weight.html I think this week, I might go back on extra easy again, but with more of a limit on carbs as I think I was overdoing them. Good luck to both of us this week and u hope u get ur -5, or at least -2.5 to get us into the 16's ;)

Wow, so you've already lost around 5stone? That is incredible! What an achievement! I don't know why, but iv assumed you were relatively new like me......but what an inspiration! I'd like to get down to 12 stone ish, which is around a 5 st loss, but it seems almost impossible. I can't imagine ever losing that much weight, probably because previously iv been a serial dieter, losing a stone or 2 and then going back to normal and putting it all (and more ) back on. I'm hoping this time will be different as it's more of a lifestyle change. OH and I have decided that we need to both live a healthier life. We want to get married and have children in the not to distant future, so being slimmer and healthier is all part of working towards that; a great incentive!

Goad that the water thing is working for you, I'm hoping it will help my losses too. My only concern is that il be up all night popping to the bathroom. As odd as it sounds, since starting slimming world iv been getting up almost every night at around 4am to use the bathroom.....and I don't even feel like iv upped my fluid intake until yesterday (sorry if TMI)

Scan bran is pretty foul to be honest! I'm generally against eating things I don't enjoy, especially when things like bread and cereal are so limited, but I'm interested in seeing if this helps at all? Il definitely report back'!

Which days do you usually do? We've only done EE so far, but generally I know that carbs hate me, so I usually try and limit them too! Might try red days next week, though I get stuck for meal inspiration; especially lunches!

Have a great week!

S x

Hey guys, yesterday I lost 5lbs, which takes me to 16st 13.5lbs! Hope none of you take it personally when I say I hope I don't come back to this thread anytime soon lol :) All the luck in the world to you on your journeys :)

Wow, so you've already lost around 5stone? That is incredible! What an achievement! I don't know why, but iv assumed you were relatively new like me......but what an inspiration! I'd like to get down to 12 stone ish, which is around a 5 st loss, but it seems almost impossible. I can't imagine ever losing that much weight, probably because previously iv been a serial dieter, losing a stone or 2 and then going back to normal and putting it all (and more ) back on. I'm hoping this time will be different as it's more of a lifestyle change. OH and I have decided that we need to both live a healthier life. We want to get married and have children in the not to distant future, so being slimmer and healthier is all part of working towards that; a great incentive! Goad that the water thing is working for you, I'm hoping it will help my losses too. My only concern is that il be up all night popping to the bathroom. As odd as it sounds, since starting slimming world iv been getting up almost every night at around 4am to use the bathroom.....and I don't even feel like iv upped my fluid intake until yesterday (sorry if TMI) Scan bran is pretty foul to be honest! I'm generally against eating things I don't enjoy, especially when things like bread and cereal are so limited, but I'm interested in seeing if this helps at all? Il definitely report back'! Which days do you usually do? We've only done EE so far, but generally I know that carbs hate me, so I usually try and limit them too! Might try red days next week, though I get stuck for meal inspiration; especially lunches! Have a great week! S x

Yup, started at 22st exactly, couldn't believe it had gotten that bad, but like u, I'd tried every diet going and all that happened was I gained more weight afterward. Got engaged last October and started thinking about the wedding and kids, and realised that if I didn't do something, I'd be refusing to have a photographer and unable to have kids (tmi, but my cycles were all over the place). I'm hoping to get my 5st award on Monday tho and have finally decided my final target is 11st 12lb (it gets me to the upper limit of a normal bmi, i don't think I could sustain any lower a weight). I could never have imagined losing 10st at the start, it was unthinkable, but I'm almost half way and it seems inevitable now, I will get there :p
As for the water, my 4am toilet trips seem to have eased off so hopefully they're only for the first week or 2.
Have a check on here, as I think there are a lot of scan bran recipes to make it less repulsive, like cakes and mixing it with yogurts. They might help you get it down better x
I've only ever done ee until the last couple of weeks, but it's fantastic changing plans if ur weight loss seems to tail off. A typical red day for me is either weetabix, berries and milk, or scrambled egg/omelette and side salad for breakfast, a nimble sandwich or a salad for lunch (depending if I've used a HEB for breakfast or not), and dinner might be sausage and chips, using a HEB baked potato with skins on for the chips and lots of veg to fill up the plate. Always need to have loads of fresh fruit tho cuz I'm much hungrier on red days.

hi guys, I lost 1.5 this week taking me down to 16.13 so im pleased I get to move down a group, see you all there soon

Guys, ur stuck with me for at least another week, I lost 2lb this week and am now 17st0.5lb. A little gutted cuz it's only half a pound, but y'know what, 2lb is still great, and I'll get a better head start on the next stone. Slinky, am I correct in thinking u weigh in on Monday evening 2? How much do I have to catch up next week? ? x

Guys, ur stuck with me for at least another week, I lost 2lb this week and am now 17st0.5lb. A little gutted cuz it's only half a pound, but y'know what, 2lb is still great, and I'll get a better head start on the next stone. Slinky, am I correct in thinking u weigh in on Monday evening 2? How much do I have to catch up next week? ? x

Well done....that's a great loss, though a little frustrating to be 0.5lb away!

Yes I weighed in last night; a disappointing -0.5lbs lost. I had a really good week though, 100% almost every day, so I'm a little unsure as to how I only lost -0.5 (again!). That puts me at 17.2, so I'm determined to lose 2 this week and join you in the 16's next week!

OH lost -2.5lbs after a pretty bad week as he was out for 2 evenings with dinner and a few drinks! I think that makes it all the more frustrating, but I'm still delighted that he's doing so well!

Good luck for another great week.......I have a lot of catching up to do :)

Sx

Well done....that's a great loss, though a little frustrating to be 0.5lb away! Yes I weighed in last night; a disappointing -0.5lbs lost. I had a really good week though, 100% almost every day, so I'm a little unsure as to how I only lost -0.5 (again!). That puts me at 17.2, so I'm determined to lose 2 this week and join you in the 16's next week! OH lost -2.5lbs after a pretty bad week as he was out for 2 evenings with dinner and a few drinks! I think that makes it all the more frustrating, but I'm still delighted that he's doing so well! Good luck for another great week.......I have a lot of catching up to do :) Sx

Good luck for next week, you'll do fine. Might just take an extra week for all ur hard work to show x
Well done to ur OH, don't let it get u down tho, sw really works especially well for men, and they don't have the same issues women do. Your body will get there at its own pace x

Heyy Guyyyyssss

I weighed in today & I'm now officially 17.12 which means I'm now in this group with you guys :)

Weighed today and I'm 17st 13lb so now joining you all!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Weighed today and I'm 17st 13lb so now joining you all!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

WOOOOO :)

Well done & welcome :D

Hi all I'm new to this thread I'm nw 17st 6.25lb than to yesterday's weigh in losing 8,75lb :)

Sent from my LT30p using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back