From 17's to 16's

Well done Turkish. That's brilliant! Im sure you'll be dropping to the next thread next weigh in.

How did you do today Pootle? I'm sure you got that loss to take you to the other thread.

I got 3lb off today so I'm 17. 8..almost half way through.. :D

Hi Emma, no, I shall be here for another week! 2.5 lbs off this week, needed another 0.5 to take me down into the next stone.
Well done everyone on your losses this week, here's to another good week!

Hi both, Pootle that's fab, you'll easily hit that next week. We can move on together.
That said I have been a little naughty at times this week. It's hard when the weather is so cold!! Need to make more soup xx

Hi both, Pootle that's fab, you'll easily hit that next week. We can move on together.
That said I have been a little naughty at times this week. It's hard when the weather is so cold!! Need to make more soup xx
I doubt I'll be moving anywhere this week, I've been so naughty. Chocolates and biscuits in the staff room table. Fed up that I have such pitiful Will power! Seriously considered starting Lighterlife today as I really want the weight to shift more quickly.

You might surprise yourself. Just draw a line and start over. Well ladies, I have an appointment tomorrow so went to a different group to weigh in this morning. 4 lbs down, hurrah! See you in the 16s, best of luck xxx

I hope you're feeling better Pootle. As Turkish said, just a draw a line and start from there. You're so close to moving to next stone bracket...We can do this!

Well done Turkish, 4lbs is ace! Hopefully see you over in the 16's in a few weeks.

Hello, can I join you please? I'm high up in the 17's and a very slow loser, so I could be in this zone for quite some time. :)

Looking forward to getting to know everyone. x

Hello, can I join you please? I'm high up in the 17's and a very slow loser, so I could be in this zone for quite some time. :)

Looking forward to getting to know everyone. x
Hi, please do! Welcome. I'm a slow loser too but mostly because I can't stop myself eating the odd sweetie here and there!

I hope you're feeling better Pootle. As Turkish said, just a draw a line and start from there. You're so close to moving to next stone bracket...We can do this!

Well done Turkish, 4lbs is ace! Hopefully see you over in the 16's in a few weeks.
Hi Emma, I haven't drawn a line under it all week I'm afraid, chocolate, cake, crisps, Indian takeaway, more chocolate, baguette. Eaten tonnes of naughty stuff. off to spin tonight for my first ever session, hope it's ok?
Well done everyone else though for keeping on track!

Hi, please do! Welcome. I'm a slow loser too but mostly because I can't stop myself eating the odd sweetie here and there!

Haha, same here! Chocolate is one of my biggest downfalls... and wine, and crisps, and takeaway.... :)

Morning all,

Just a bit of background info first :)

I've been in Slimming World for a year now, and have lost just over 4 stone (after losing 9.5 stone on my own).
It was going well, up until hitting that 4 stone loss mark (I weigh 17 stone at this mark).

Now, for some reason, I am struggling. I haven't been able to lose 3 weeks in a row since September. It seems like I'll lose 2 weeks, then gain the third, or lose 1 week, gain week after, despite being 100% on plan.

I am getting a bit beside myself now, as this past week I have had a brilliant week, food-wise, and I thought I was nailed on for a loss, only to get a 0.5lb gain (after losing 4lb over the last 2 weeks). Frustrating isn't the word!

I could probably do with introducing a touch more speed somewhere (even though I do eat enough, imo), but this gain was particularly frustrating, as I feel I ate better this week than last, and last week I lost 2.5lb??

Is there anybody else experiencing this? especially men?

I'd say I was about 2 stone away from my target, and it just seems as though I'm forever going to hover around the 17 stone mark, which isn't what I want.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks.

Morning all,

Just a bit of background info first :)

I've been in Slimming World for a year now, and have lost just over 4 stone (after losing 9.5 stone on my own).
It was going well, up until hitting that 4 stone loss mark (I weigh 17 stone at this mark).

Now, for some reason, I am struggling. I haven't been able to lose 3 weeks in a row since September. It seems like I'll lose 2 weeks, then gain the third, or lose 1 week, gain week after, despite being 100% on plan.

I am getting a bit beside myself now, as this past week I have had a brilliant week, food-wise, and I thought I was nailed on for a loss, only to get a 0.5lb gain (after losing 4lb over the last 2 weeks). Frustrating isn't the word!

I could probably do with introducing a touch more speed somewhere (even though I do eat enough, imo), but this gain was particularly frustrating, as I feel I ate better this week than last, and last week I lost 2.5lb??

Is there anybody else experiencing this? especially men?

I'd say I was about 2 stone away from my target, and it just seems as though I'm forever going to hover around the 17 stone mark, which isn't what I want.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks.
Hi Jimmy,
Don't really know what to suggest as I've not even stayed strong enough to lose half a stone yet, let alone the amazing loss you've achieved already!
Could you boost with exercise? Are you eating the same food all the time? Some people say variety kicks your body into touch to start losing again. Have you stopped being so careful with your measuring and syns? Might you be going over and so adding syns a little here and a little there, adding up throughout the day?

Hi pootle.
Hi Jimmy,
Don't really know what to suggest as I've not even stayed strong enough to lose half a stone yet, let alone the amazing loss you've achieved already!
Could you boost with exercise? Are you eating the same food all the time? Some people say variety kicks your body into touch to start losing again. Have you stopped being so careful with your measuring and syns? Might you be going over and so adding syns a little here and a little there, adding up throughout the day?
Hi Pootle. Thank you :)
I do already exercise which I forgot to mention sorry. I play football and attend the gym.
I do have the same food weekly, so maybe that's what could do with changing perhaps? Maybe I need a shake up.
I do still measure and count syns. I've even changed from skimmed milk to almond milk now to perhaps help

Hi pootle.

Hi Pootle. Thank you :)
I do already exercise which I forgot to mention sorry. I play football and attend the gym.
I do have the same food weekly, so maybe that's what could do with changing perhaps? Maybe I need a shake up.
I do still measure and count syns. I've even changed from skimmed milk to almond milk now to perhaps help
Ok Jimmy, I'm stumped then. Just keep on plodding on and keep up the good work. :)

Hi everyone. Pootle, how was spinning? I've always wanted to give it a try but I've never up the courage to go to a class.

Hi and welcome Hippopotomum xx

Jimmy, well done on your weigh loss so far. Thats awesome! I've only be doing sw for a few weeks this time round so Im not an expert but I remember from when i was there a couple of years ago we were advised to mix up our meals and try new things. Maybe trying different things for your healthy extras? Or for your syns?

I lost 3lb this week. Really happy with it but I'm quite nervous for the week ahead. Its my daughters birthday this week and I have a night out with my uni friends on Friday (we've just finished first year, so we're celebrating). Not having a great day so far. I've eaten a cream egg, an ice cream and 2 HiFi bars out of plan :/ My syns have gone on 2 other cream eggs (they were supposed to be treats for the whole week). Its all or nothing with me. I'm going to try and cut back on syns tomorrow and pull it back a bit.

Hi everyone. Pootle, how was spinning? I've always wanted to give it a try but I've never up the courage to go to a class.

Hi and welcome Hippopotomum xx

Jimmy, well done on your weigh loss so far. Thats awesome! I've only be doing sw for a few weeks this time round so Im not an expert but I remember from when i was there a couple of years ago we were advised to mix up our meals and try new things. Maybe trying different things for your healthy extras? Or for your syns?
Hi Emma, Spin was amazing! really good workout, got very sweaty (nice!) and legs felt wobbly tired afterwards but felt really energised. Thigh muscles are a bit sore today though but that is to be expected as I haven't done any exercise for years? I will definitely go again, would like to make it a regular weekly session.

Hello everyone! 17 st 13.5 at last nights weigh in so I'm in here by a hair after an unexpected 4lb loss. Hopefully it wasn't a fluke and I get to stay!

Well done Luviss, that's a brilliant loss, welcome to the 17's. :)

I lost 3.5lb this week so I'm 17st 5lb, I've had a couple of flukey weeks but I'm expecting to see my usual half-1lb losses again from now on. x

Back