From 2007 4 years on...

Hiya Everyone

I did the cambridge diet back in 2007 lost a couple stone and same old story put it all back on plus some. Last year I managed to lose just shy of 4 stone in just as many months and god knows how i did it. I wasnt particually trying it just kinda decided to go. Bar a few pounds i have managed to keep it off for over a year now and although i wasnt trying at the time im a little disapointed that the weight has stopped falling.

So that leads to me to where i am today...i have a couple of holidays coming up over the next couple of months but hope that when i get back at the end of August i will start CD again to kick start my second lot of weight loss and hopefully make another good dent at it.

My questions are; how has CD changed? i know its a lot different to the way it used to be in 2007 and was hoping someone could help me get my head round it. Also, what does it cost these days?

Thanks in advance for your replies xx

Last edited:
The biggest change is they won't let you SS any more (until you get below a BMI of 40) but when you do there is no AAM week (unless you want to) until you have to go up to Step 2 after 12 weeks of SSing. Other than that products are much the same - theres porridge now and a couple of new bars - choc mint being the best of them.

Also - that price quoted above is one of the cheapest I've seen recently - since VAT went up to 20% a lot of CDCs are charging over 2 quid a pack.

i didn't know u couldn't ss over a bmi of 40... i started at bmi of 42 last week and was allowed to ss but i wanted to add a 2 egg omlette to my day :)

for 3 packs a day I pay £40, if I decided on 4 packs then it was £53 but more in both cases if I bought all tetras :)

Sorry - I got that slightly wrong - I think you can with a doctors sign-off. But if you look at the CD website you'll see a new thing on each step about who can do it. If you're 42 your CDC may have made an exception as you can usually lose those two BMI points in the first 10 days.

Oh blimey I didn't get a doctors sign off either... I'm pleased to say my bmi is down from 42 to 40 in one week :)

hiya

i started cd in 2005 then stopped when i got pregnant, went back on it in 2008.

changes....

they recommend no fizzy diet drinks now
they recommend only 1 tsp of flavouring instead of 2tsp
you have to be 1 stone above a bmi of 25 to do ss or ss+
the 790 is now the 810 as they needed to raise it over the 800 cals mark
you do 12 weeks solid on ss now instead of 4 then your AAMW
nice has given some guidelines to help in the use of this diet!
the packs have changed in looks - for the better, no longer blue and pink!
some shakes and soups have stopped and others have started.
new bar - mint and it is deli'sh!

think that is it really!

More flavours now and a few new bars! Also porridge - don't know if you had that in 2007.

The 790 plan I used to be on is now 810 I think and SS has now been expanded to SS+ which can include a bit of food (not much!) or milk in your tea.

Sorry if that info is incorrect! All the best hun with your restart x

Back